As part of Climate’s Global Operations Team the HGS North American Product Generalist is responsible for providing best-in-class product support for all Climate FieldView users in North America via phone, email and live chat to end-users.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Field inbound calls from North American farmers, Climate dealers, and Climate field sales teams on product support related issues. These calls will include support requests for FieldView setup, installation, in-field operation, and troubleshooting of in-field breakdowns.
• Respond to inquiries and call-back requests placed via live chat and the online ticket system.
• Track all customer interactions in Salesforce.
• Troubleshoot technical issues to establish the root cause of problems and escalate the issue to the appropriate Level 2 support team if necessary.
• Develop and maintain working product knowledge for all Climate FieldView products.
• Provide evening/weekend support as needed during peak planting and harvest seasons.
• Bachelor’s Degree in an Agricultural, Computer Science or Business-related field preferred
• Excellent time management and problem-solving skills.
• Effective communicator.
• Strong writing skills; evidence of creativity.
• Positive attitude & highly motivated.
• Flexible to adapt as priorities change.
• Experience working in the Google Suite environment.
• Experience working with Ag equipment below is a plus:
o Planters, combines, air seeders, or sprayers
o Original equipment monitors (OEM) such as John Deere, Case IH, and Ag Leader.
• Experience working in the Salesforce environment.
Uses Sound Judgment & Makes Decisions
Wisely Asks questions of team members and managers to identify critical issues. Understands the impact of a decision on customers and HGS. Knows when to seek direction with an issue or problem and/or to gain understanding about the impact of an action or decision.
Proactively seeks solutions to problems before being asked. Initiates self-development efforts and seeks job enrichment opportunities.
Participates on cross functional teams. Takes ownership for work; is open to new ideas; complies with rules and processes; demonstrates behaviors consistent with the organization’s values; treats others with respect; understand and follows ethical guidelines; regularly shares expertise with team members to support continuous learning and improvement; works well with others, promotes teamwork.
Listens and converses with a variety of audiences. Extracts key issues from others by asking the right questions. Able to present information and ideas in a cohesive and logical manner.
Takes accountability for own progress and seeks to continually improve. Responds to others’ varying needs. Appreciates differences among team members.
Drives Customer Focus
Identifies opportunities to exceed the expectations of customers. Establishes and nurtures strong sustainable collaborative relationships with internal and external customers. Designs internal work processes to improve customer service. Adds value to the organization by providing exemplary customer service. Follows up, gets help from others when necessary.
Understands Client Needs
Agent understands the impact of individual performance as it relates to the client program and to meeting/improving targets; understands the client needs and expectations; responds to requests effectively and on time; is open to change and new information.