Cooperative Agreement Coordinator
NASDA's Cooperative Agreement Coordinator supports financial, compliance and administrative functions for cooperative agreements including those with USDA-FAS, USDA-NASS, and FDA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare regular reporting for both internal and external users.
- Reconcile financial transactions.
- Assist in the processing of invoices.
- Prepare and file federal reimbursement claims.
- Assure compliance with federal agencies including procurement documentation, contracts, and budget management under Uniform Grant Guidance (UGG) and other relevant regulations.
- Assist with planning logistics of NASDA's trade shows, ad promotions, registration, housing, meeting, catering, and entertainment functions.
- Maintain accurate records in NASDA's information system of current exhibitors, applications, contracts, and procurement documentation.
- Support cooperative agreements with additional administrative tasks as needed.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business administration or a related field is required.
- Proficiency with accounting software, spreadsheets, and data management systems. Business Central experience preferred.
- Proficiency with financial analysis software and tools.
- Advance knowledge of MS Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Understanding of agriculture, public policy, and NASDA (preferred).
- Experience working in nonprofit finances (preferred).
- Awareness of Uniform Grant Guidance (UGG).
- Proven track record working in finances (payments/invoices, financial reporting, budget management, payroll administration).
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage projects, tasks, and assignments with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Enthusiastic and comfortable handling administrative tasks when required.
- Ability to occasionally travel and attend meetings outside of the office and in the Washington, DC area.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, smartphones, office phones, and photocopiers. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit for long periods of time, stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms, and requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 25 pounds. The position requires the ability to travel.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug-free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
We understand your time is valuable, so we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that you would be right for this Cooperative Agreement Coordinator job, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!