DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Locates, observes, and logs field explorations and activities.
- Organizes field operations and can provide oversight of field activities.
- Communicates field observations and results to Project Engineer.
- Is responsible for collecting samples and transporting them to the laboratory.
- Describes samples.
- Prepares reports on field activities and summarizes field and laboratory data.
- May perform some laboratory testing.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be currently enrolled at a university and pursuing a degree in Civil or Geological Engineering.
- No experience required other than course work in Civil or Geological Engineering.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability for accuracy and detail in performing field observations.
- Computer literacy.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to travel.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for long periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.