City of Refuge - CLIP NPO Internships
City of Refuge
An internship at City of Refuge is designed to provide students an opportunity to serve the refugee population in Columbia, MO. The internship will involve the day-to-day activities that help our nonprofit run and also some refugee Youth Mentorship opportunities. Internships can be tailored to the needs and interests of each student in the program. If you are looking for class credit or a way to get plugged into the community, this unpaid internship is a great opportunity to make a difference!
Fall 2022 Dates: August 24th- December 7th
Weekly Commitments: Monday Nights, 5:00-8:00pm (Training & Youth Nights)
- Gain understanding and knowledge of how a non-profit operates
- Empower interns to use the gifts and knowledge they have to add value toCOR
- Exposure to and interactions with a multiethnic environment
- Gain understanding of the Refugee Process from start to finish
- Create opportunities to impact and serve the refugee youth
- Experience growth in skills and abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office & research
- No experience necessary but a desire to work with people from different cultural backgrounds
- Passionate about learning how to serve the refugee population
- Front desk duties
- Sort donations
- Plan and execute a fundraiser
- Plan and participate in youth events
- Transport refugees
- Research Projects
- Participate in Homework Helpers or English Buddies if schedule permits
- And more!
Application Link: https://forms.monday.com/forms/Internship
CLIP NPO Internships
The MU Office of Service-Learning offers academic credit to MU students through our CLIP Government and CLIP Non-Profit internship programs. We offer credit through Service-Learning and any major on campus.
Internships can be for three credit hours and six credit hours.
For three credit hours, a student will intern for 120 hours over a semester.
For six credit hours, a student will intern for 250 hours over a semester.