Technology Development Program - Software Engineer
Grainger is a leading broad line distributor with operations primarily in North America, Japan, and the United Kingdom. We achieve our purpose, We Keep the World Working®, by serving more than 4.5 million customers with a wide range of products that keep their operations running and their people safe. Grainger also delivers services and solutions, such as technical support and inventory management, to save customers time and money.
We're looking for passionate people who can move our company forward. As one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For, we have a welcoming workplace where you can build a career for yourself while fulfilling our purpose to keep the world working. We embrace new ways of thinking and recognize everyone is an individual. Find your way with Grainger today.
The GTG (Grainger Technology Group) Development Program (GDP) is a comprehensive rotational program that enables team members to gain experience across varied tech stacks and teams. As an engineering team member, you will participate in two 6-8-month rotations, which will provide exposure to a variety of teams and leaders in essential areas within the Grainger Technology Group. GDP team members have development, training, networking, and experiential learning opportunities that are unparalleled to other entry level positions.
You will report to a manager in Grainger Technology Group.
You will be involved in a variety of disciplines including data engineering, data visualization, cloud infrastructure engineering, performance and site reliability, networking, security, mobile development, web development, and more. As a team member you will:
- Operate in an Agile development environment
- Help with the ongoing development of the GDP and annual campus recruiting activities
- Participate in experiential learning and activities
- Seek leadership experiences
- Flexibility to work in an environment of constant change
- Communicate with appropriate team members, document processes, and make technical recommendations
- Design and model systems at diverse levels of complexity and granularity
- Develop new features, implement bugfixes, and address technical debt
- Write unit, functional, and integration tests to ensure delivery
- Use infrastructure tooling to provision resources and monitor essential platforms
- Previous internship/work experience
- Solid computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, programming paradigms), understanding of system and application design concepts
- Four-year degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field
- Expected graduation with a Bachelor's degree between Winter 2022 – Spring 2023
- Does not require sponsorship
Rewards and Benefits:
With benefits starting day one, Grainger is committed to your safety, health and wellbeing. Our programs provide choice and flexibility to meet our team members' individual needs. Check out some of the rewards available to you at Grainger
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans
- Generous paid time off (PTO) and 6 company holidays per year
- Automatic 6% 401(k) company contribution each pay period
- Employee discounts, parental leave, 3:1 match on donations and tuition reimbursement
- A comprehensive set of emotional, financial, physical and social wellbeing programs