We invite you to Explore the Potential of being part of something Clearly Essential!
Compass Minerals (NYSE: CMP) is a leading global provider of essential minerals focused on safely delivering where and when it matters to help solve nature’s challenges for customers and communities. The company’s salt products help keep roadways safe during winter weather and are used in numerous other consumer, industrial, chemical, and agricultural applications. Its plant nutrition products help improve the quality and yield of crops, while supporting sustainable agriculture. Additionally, the company is pursuing development of a sustainable lithium brine resource to support the North American battery market and is a minority owner of Fortress North America, a next-generation fire retardant company. Compass Minerals operates 12 production and packaging facilities with nearly 2,000 employees throughout the U.S., Canada, and the U.K. Visit compassminerals.com for more information about the company and its products.
The position can either sit onsite at our Stilwell, KS location, be fully remote or work a hybrid schedule.
Are you an ambitious and enthusiastic student looking to join a fast-paced work environment? Are you looking for 10-week internship starting the summer of 2023. Compass Minerals is the place for you. You can expect to engage in various activities that involve collaboration with other interns and departments while working on projects and tasks to ensure you get a real-world business environment experience. These activities involve coffee chats with Executive leaders and Departmental 101’s. You will have the opportunity to meet the leaders of our company and learn about the roles of each department and how they are essential to Compass Minerals. This program will help you build your resume and develop stronger communication, time management, and organizational skills. You will put your analytical and technical skills to test as you learn about the Chemistry functions on a high performing team, as well as contribute firsthand to our company’s success.
What to expect:
- Work with the Goderich site to determine YPS sampling program
- Work with the Ogden site for pond model
- Develop analytical methods for Lithium
- Must be enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or master’s program in a Chemistry degree program or relevant field.
- Rising Junior, Senior, or Graduate students preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to communicate reasoning
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Has a self-starter attitude with a high level of motivation
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
- Evidence of leadership skills, working effectively with a team
- Ability to receive coaching and a desire to enhance learning
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload even when faced with conflicting priorities
- High level of attention to detail while providing accurate data aligned with departmental standards
Compass Minerals is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to making all employment-related decisions without regard to race, ancestry, ethnicity, color, religious creed or belief, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity, and pregnancy and breastfeeding), age, military or veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by law. To request reasonable accommodations, email email@example.com or call 913-344-9200. Learn more about equal employment opportunity laws at dol.gov.