Pharma/Biotech Equipment Maintenance Team Lead
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Locates and diagnoses failure, replaces defective components and performs basic troubleshooting using standard electronic equipment, detailed drawings, diagrams, sketches, specifications, prints, manuals and verbal and/or written instructions.
- Maintains appropriate maintenance and repair logs.
- Uses a variety of hand, power and test tools and equipment.
- Provides general maintenance support as designated by supervisor to include any or all of the following areas: Process equipment; HVAC equipment; Purified Water; Packaging Equipment.
- Coordinates maintenance on critical systems/equipment with supervisor.
- Performs multi-shift work as required.
- Maybe required to open deviations, assist with root cause analysis and participate in the deviation process until closure.
- May be required to perform the duties of Maintenance Tech I and Tech II as required by supervisor.
- Required to respond to emergency notifications via phone.
- Creates and/or revises standard operating procedures for maintenance operations as required.
- Comply with safety and environmental rules and regulations applicable to the operations.
- Submit environmental, safety, and property damage near miss and incident reports and participate in investigations and corrective action identification.
- Maybe required to participate in projects and be involved in project improvements.
- Provide training to the group on safety and maintenance.
- Maybe required to update equipment in the asset management system.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Demonstrates extensive understanding and application of maintenance methods, procedures, and standards.
- Demonstrates proficiency in current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and safety regulations.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- 8+ years of relevant experience and a high school diploma.
- Current Leaving Certificate and Trades Certificate. GSL.
- Previous experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals commercial manufacturing environment desirable.
- Previous experience working in highly regulated manufacturing environments desirable.
- Previous experience with initiating and owning quality records such as deviations, CAPAs, and Change.
- Previous experience supporting regulatory authority inspections and interacting with auditors/inspectors.
If this is not the right move for you now but remain interested in a career at Gilead Sciences please connect with us via our talent community: https://gilead.avature.net/Gilead
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.