Spring 2023 Internship - State Agricultural Policy
SUMMARY: Assists State Legislative Affairs department with the Capitol Connection program.
Missouri Farm Bureau’s Capitol Connection program brings MOFB members, from around the state, into the state capitol on a weekly basis throughout the Missouri legislative session. This position will help facilitate the program. This will be a great opportunity for students to learn about MOFB’s policy and advocacy work in Jefferson City, get to know MOFB leaders, and learn more about the Missouri legislature from a hands-on perspective.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following duties are representative of those required for this position. All of the duties may not be required, and additional duties may be assigned.
· Assists with communications with members of the Missouri General Assembly.
· Assists with arranging member visits with legislators.
· Joins MOFB leaders on their weekly visits to the capitol.
· Assists with weekly follow up with legislators and members.
· Facilitates meetings with legislators advocating for MOFB priorities.
· Responds to member (and non-member) inquires on issues.
· Tracks state legislation and regulations.
· Attends meetings with legislative staff.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Student pursuing a degree in an Agricultural or Political Science, or related field. Minimum of one year of college courses completed.
· Student must have completed at least one year of college and be enrolled in college credits during the semester in which the internship occurs, or be enrolled in college credit hours during the following Fall semester.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Ability to operate a computer and Microsoft Office software