The best person for this role at CRI has…
A calling to Part - time or full-time ministry
A desire to help the poor and lost around the world.
A desire to use their creativity and writing skills to share the light of Christ in Word and deed.
If you have the calling and desire, please read on…
At CRI, telling the stories of the poor within our reach is crucial to bringing them hope of a future and freedom in Christ. CRI writers help create the connections between our donors and the lives of the widow, orphan, refugee, and poor that we are helping.
Through this position, you will create content for a wide range of media, including our web page, awakening campaigns, donor updates, social media, and more. The role includes some international travel, as first-hand experience is key to rich writing. While on the field you will capture the joy of a Green Door home dedication in Malawi. Sit down with a refugee in Uganda to document their story. Then come home and connect current donors with the work, and invite new ones in, by bringing our stories to their doorsteps. We can’t do this work without strong writers and editors. Think you might have what it takes?
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Be teachable.
- Be flexible.
- Be ambitious.
- Be creative.
- Be thankful.
- Have fun.
- Enjoy travel.
- Love telling stories.
- Love people, especially the poor.
- Communicate clearly.
- Strong faith in Christ.
- Positive attitude and a desire to learn.
- Self-motivated, yet enjoys a team-based work environment.
- Ability to write concisely and concretely.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Excellent grammar and content editing skills.
- Strong knowledge of social media channels.
- Competency in Pages and Microsoft Suite.
- Adheres to and acts in line with CRI’s Values.
- Agreement with CRI’s Statement of Faith.
- Develop an understanding of our organizational voice and apply it to all written materials.
- Develop an understanding of our projects, programs, and partners to communicate our methods, outcomes, and goals in a compelling manner.
- Craft social media posts to engage those connected to CRI and expand our reach.
- Create printed collateral for church engagement, fundraising campaigns, and missionary needs.
- Update CRI media/written content to reflect current initiatives and communicate with clarity to our donor base.
- Travel (a few times a year) to interview our international partners and document information about their projects/ministries.
- Collaborate on how to best represent the work we do to the Western world.
Every staff member at CRI raises support for their salary. This position does not offer a traditional, paid salary. We will provide support-raising training, and give you a support coach to walk you through every step of the process.
Flexible: The Field Developer role can be remote. However, the position does require time at CRI’s Home Office in Rockwall, Texas, each quarter. The role also includes 2-4 overseas trips a year.
JOB TYPE: Full-time / Part-time
TAKE THE NEXT STEP!