Information Technology Internship-Summer 2023
Helmerich & Payne is often known for drilling. It is, after all, how we got our start, but a company doesn’t thrive this long by staying the course. Since 1920, H&P has been the industry’s most trusted partner in U.S. Land, International and Offshore Drilling productivity and reliability. As the world changes, so does our approach. We are changing the landscape of drilling by using cutting-edge rig technologies and drilling solutions to build upon a century of success, all while continuing to deliver better outcomes for our customers.
From Floorhands to Corporate Communications, Business professionals, Engineers, Software Developers and everything in between, it takes a diverse group of people and backgrounds working together to achieve our goals. At H&P, we celebrate our employees’ unique journeys and provide the tools needed for everyone to succeed. No matter where you start or what you envision for your future, your H&P journey will be filled with exciting challenges, rewards, and the potential to grow. You will always have a team supporting you and celebrating your accomplishments every step of the way.
Our Internship Program offers college students the opportunity to gain hands-on knowledge of the energy industry and learn about H&P’s core values and business practices. The program has launched the careers of many successful individuals in our organization, including our CEO, John Lindsay, other executives at H&P, and many other leaders across the energy industry.
Ready to start your internship journey? Let’s go far, together.
What will you do?
- Accept designated business-focus projects for continuous improvement, upholding H&P safety as top priority, and creating a positive end-user experience; placements may be within one of the following departments: Security, Architecture, Infrastructure, Enterprise Project Management Office, or Applications and Information Management
- Work with teams driven by automation and innovation to analyze data, develop solutions, or manage projects that are value-add to our business operations
- Identify processes, application, or system improvements to align with information technology goals, policies, compliance requirements, and/or industry best practices
- Document recommendations and effectively communicate those to leadership
- Gain exposure to zero trust architecture and newly built datacenters and cloud environments
- Collaborate with various teams across operating areas and disciplines to achieve enterprise goals and meet internal customer needs
- Travel to district office to review technology needs
- Demonstrate excellent organizational/interpersonal skills
- Present final project at internship conclusion
- Seek to understand H&P’s role in the Energy Industry, including our brand, our customers, our product goals, and The H&P Way
Who do we need?
- Students currently seeking a Bachelor’s degree, Graduate degree or certification program in Computer Science, MIS, CIS, Technology, or related fields
- Students earning a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Students with authorization to work in the U.S.
- Individuals who demonstrate the H&P Way: Actively C.A.R.E., Service Attitude, Innovative Spirit, Teamwork, and Do the Right Thing
- Ideal team players who embody the three virtues of hunger, humility, and emotional intelligence; We believe this powerful combination accelerates and builds high-performing teams
- Self-starters with natural curiosity and the willingness to hustle hard to achieve goals in a fast-paced environment
- Student leaders who demonstrate strong analytical, interpersonal, and communications skills with a desire to solve problems in an evolving industry
What do we offer?
- Competitive intern pay
- Relocation and housing assistance
- Real-world work experience and Mentorship
- FlexWork option to split your time between home and office in a hybrid environment (blend of traditional and remote work)
- Rig Visits for real-world technology use exposure and other internship program events to build your business acumen, develop your H&P network, and connect you to our company mission and purpose
- Inclusive Culture – at H&P we strive to create a work family where everyone feels a sense of belonging and encouraged to come to work every day as their authentic self
Some companies offer career paths. We offer a Journey of a Lifetime.
Hear directly from our interns, employees, and leaders about their unique journeys at Helmerich and Payne.
Every Amazing Journey Begins with a Single Step.
- Apply today on our H&P Careers site
- Visit Us on LinkedIn and Handshake
- Contact Us at HPRecruiting@hpinc.com for more information