Mobile Software Engineer - iOS - Lawrence
A rapidly expanding, entrepreneurial technology company, Alarm.com, is seeking a motivated iOS Mobile App Developer who wants to be part of a fast-paced, rapidly growing team. We are looking for iOS Mobile App Developers who will design the app based on product management specifications, implement connectivity to the backend components leveraging mobile SDKs from Alarm.com, implement the user interface and other client-slide logic in native Apple tools, and provide ongoing technical guidance. The ideal candidate is self-sufficient and will exhibit a high degree of initiative in learning new technologies and methods to resolve challenges encountered during the project life cycle.
Very few companies innovate and develop across such a broad range of technologies as Alarm.com. This position is ideal for the candidate who seeks a friendly company culture where one can work closely with smart and highly productive people across a very interesting spectrum of wireless, software, and hardware/device technologies to develop outstanding consumer products.
The Mobile App Developer’s primary job responsibilities will include:
- Developing mobile applications for iPhone [as well as server-side APIs]
- Writing coherent, organized code. The ideal candidates must be comfortable working on a complicated code-base with high levels of abstraction
- Working with Product Management to help define functional specifications for mobile applications
- Implementing multi-device application features as part of an interactive Agile development process
- Researching, adopting and integrating new technologies
- Innovating and improving existing products and mobile app features
- Taking ownership of projects to ensure their successful completion with respect to deadlines
- Collaborating with Quality Assurance in developing a test plan to ensure successful deployment of updates
- B.A. or B.S. in Computer Science or similar engineering program with strong academic performance. Liberal arts academic experience or interests are also a plus.
- 0+ years of experience in Software Development
- Self-starter, analytical, tenacious problem solver
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Rigorous attention to detail and focus on quality of deliverables
- Proven team experience and comfort in a team-oriented environment
- Passion for working with technology and excitement for creating high quality consumer technology products
- For iOS: Swift, Objective-C, Cocoa Touch, iOS SDK, Core Animation
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Experience with C#
- Experience with Git, JSON, REST, XML and HTML
- Experience with Smart Home Assistants
- Experience with unit testing (JUnit, Mockito, Robolectric) and UI testing (Espresso)
- Experience writing code for a multi-threaded environment
- Experience writing scripts in: Python, Ruby, Groovy, Bash, etc
- Experience with or knowledge of common architectural patterns: MVP, MVVM
WHY WORK FOR ALARM.COM?
- Make an immediate impact and collaborate with outstanding people: New employees can expect to be given real responsibility for bringing new technologies to the marketplace. You are empowered to perform as soon as you join the Alarm.com team!
- Gain well rounded experience: Alarm.com offers a diverse and dynamic environment where you will get the chance to work directly with executives and develop expertise across multiple areas of the business.
- Work with the latest technologies: You’ll gain exposure to a broad spectrum of IoT, SaaS and M2M technologies including wireless communication, video monitoring, smart home automation, web development, and backend application development and hosting.
- Focus on fun: Alarm.com places high value on our team culture. We even have a committee dedicated to hosting a stand-out holiday party, happy hours, and other fun corporate events.
Our recruiting process for this opportunity is as follows:
- Pass Resume Screening stage
- Pass HackerRank assessment
- Pass Recruiter Phone Screen
- Pass Technical Interviews with the Software Team
- Receive an Offer from Alarm.com
Please note that this process is subject to change.
Alarm.com is the leading cloud-based platform for smart security and the Internet of Things. More than 7.6 million home and business owners depend on our solutions every day to make their properties safer, smarter, and more efficient. And every day, we’re innovating new technologies in rapidly evolving spaces including AI, video analytics, facial recognition, machine learning, energy analytics, and more. Alarm.com was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the top 100 Fastest Growing Companies in 2021 and adds to the meaningful work we do to give property owners peace of mind, help them conserve energy and water, and stay connected to loved ones. We’re seeking those who are passionate about creating change through technology and who want to make a lasting impact on the world around them.
For more information, please visit www.alarm.com.
Alarm.com offers competitive pay and benefits inclusive of subsidized medical plan options, an HSA with generous company contribution, a 401(k) with employer match, and paid holidays, wellness time, and vacation increasing with tenure. Paid maternity and bonding leave, company-paid disability and life insurance, FSAs, well-being resources and activities, and a casual dress work environment are also part of our outstanding total rewards package!
Alarm.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.