Business Insurance Product Analyst - Summer Intern
We are Farmers!
Farmers Insurance Group is one of the premier property and casualty insurers in the United States, with operations nationwide and corporate headquarters located in the greater Los Angeles, CA (Woodland Hills) area. Farmers has been independently certified as a Great Place to Work based on its high-trust, high-performance workplace culture. Extensive development opportunities are available through the award-winning University of Farmers, named by Training Magazine as a top 10 corporate training organization in the world.
Think BIG! … with Farmers Business Insurance Group
Farmers’ Business Insurance Group (BIG) has the luxury of leveraging the resources of a Fortune 500 company, while being a small enough part of the enterprise to operate nimbly. Recently, BIG has taken this to a whole new level by transforming to a Lean-Agile development framework. This has enabled BIG to deliver value to our customers faster than ever before. In modern times, technology has caused a rapid shift in the way companies do business. Here at Farmers, we are embracing this change by taking a customer-centric approach, backed by data-driven insight. One example of how BIG has adapted to the ever-changing insurance market is an innovative partnership with Uber to insure rides in several states!
So whether your passion lies in big data analytics (data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, predictive modeling), formulating pricing and marketing plans to hit profit and loss targets, or strategic product development to differentiate Farmers in the marketplace and provide a better customer experience, it’s an exciting time to be in BIG!
Farmers believes in the diversity of our employees, ideas, and experiences, and we are committed to building an inclusive culture that represents the communities we serve. We are seeking curious, passionate, and hard-working students from quantitative academic fields to partake in the BIG paid internship program. The program will be highly collaborative and immersive, with interns working on real business problems that can span multiple business units within the complex commercial insurance landscape: Product, Actuarial, R&D, Underwriting, Finance, Operations, Distribution, IT.
But it won’t be all work! BIG Executive leadership will host learning sessions with a small group of interns to discuss career aspirations, and there will be a multitude of social gatherings throughout the summer. Interns will also have a chance to partake in the famous Product Olympics, where everyone in the department competes in team games with a chance to take home the gold!
Interns will work alongside project mentors and weekly sync-ups with project leads will help further contextualize the work. Over the course of the summer, interns will ultimately build a minimum viable product (MVP) and have a “capstone” opportunity to present those findings to the Farmers leadership team.
- 10 week summer internship, 40-hour work week
- Future full-time opportunities may be available for high performers
- Rising senior working toward Bachelors (BS/BA) degree preferred
- Entering final year of Master’s program (MS/MA)
Preferred Skills & Abilities
- Product analysts should have proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and exposure to at least one programming language (e.g., VBA, SQL, Python, R, Tableau)
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to manipulate and analyze data to address and solve business problems
- Willingness to independently learn and make an impact within a team environment
- Sits or stands for extended periods of time, up to a full work shift.
- Listens to, interprets, and differentiates auditory information (e.g. others speaking) at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
- Ability to operate a computer for extended periods of time.
- Physical dexterity sufficient to use hands, arms, and shoulders repetitively to operate keyboard and other office equipment up to a full work shift.
- Will be remote with no travel requirement.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce. Want to learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Farmers please visit our D&I page on our career site.
- Farmers offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, qualifications and location
- CO Only: The pay range for this job being performed in CO would be $19.50/hour - $20.50/hour for undergrads
- Paid Time Off
- For more information, review “What we offer” on https://www.farmers.com/careers/
Job Location(s): R_US - RW - Remote Work
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!