TECHNICAL PROPOSAL WRITER INTERN
TECHNICAL PROPOSAL WRITER INTERN – KANSAS CITY, MISSOURI/HYBRID
Who is Savion?
Savion, a Shell Group portfolio company operating on a stand-alone basis, is one of the largest, most technologically advanced utility-scale solar and energy storage project development companies in the United States. With a growing portfolio of more than 19 GW, Savion’s diverse team provides comprehensive services at each phase of renewable energy project development, from conception through construction. As part of this full-service model, Savion manages all aspects of development for customers, partners, and project host communities. Savion is committed to helping decarbonize the energy grid by replacing electric power generation with renewable sources and delivering cost-competitive electricity to the marketplace.
Our workplace culture attracts competitive, smart, and fun people. We are committed to the health, fitness, and work-life balance of our employees. Our employees are highly motivated, technically proficient, team-oriented, and committed to renewable energy. We recognize our employees are our most valuable asset and offer highly competitive pay as well as exceptional above-market employee benefits, including generous PTO allowances and 14 paid holidays per year, for full-time hires after graduation.
Check out more about Savion culture: https://vimeo.com/652520363
Savion is seeking a Technical Proposal Writer Intern for Summer 2023 to support our Business Development Team, reporting to the Manager of Proposals and Commercial Engagement.
As a Proposal Writer, you will be asked to develop a variety of deliverables, including proposals, presentations, and other RFP-related items.
Savion’s internship program offers you an exciting opportunity to learn from the best in the renewable energy industry with one-on-one mentorship, work in a family-like environment, and engagement in team-building activities with your intern peers and other Savion employees. During your internship, you’ll gain more insight into the industry, develop real-world organizational-based experience that you can add to your resume, and begin to create a network of contacts.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create and manage bid packages for multiple RFPs and bilateral engagements
- Collaborate with Management, the Business Development Team, subject matter experts (SMEs), and financial analysts to seamlessly weave together the proposal content
- Edit, proofread, and format content provided by team members
- Create a unified voice and package content submitted by multiple people
- Highlight our company’s track record and philosophy in the proposal narrative
- Excellent written and presentation communication skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, with an ability to quickly read, review, analyze, and summarize large amounts of information
- Project management skills and an ability to be highly organized and manage multiple processes and tasks simultaneously
- Ability to clearly and concisely present written and oral information to Management
- At least 2 years of undergraduate studies, with a preference in English, Journalism, or a related field.
- Thorough command of English grammar and foundational knowledge of writing and business communication standards.
- Excellent writing, editing, and formatting skills, including the ability to adapt to a standard technical writing style, write clearly and concisely, and convey information in multiple formats for various audiences.
- The ability to ensure that all documents are properly saved in SharePoint and our shared drive with the proper naming convention, allowing for easy retrieval of documents and information.
- The ability to multitask and prioritize assignments to meet assigned deadlines.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to share work and articulate ideas.
- Upbeat attitude, working in a fast-paced team environment.
- Detail-oriented, making sure all pieces of the proposal are in place.
- Willingness to learn new concepts in the renewable energy, environmental and permitting, and finance fields.
- Previous experience with Microsoft Office products (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.).
- Kansas City Missouri Headquarters, with some flexibility for hybrid work
- Please send a resume and cover letter to: jobs@ savionenergy.com
- Only direct applicants need apply. No recruiters, please.