Diversity Intern - Accounting
Diversity Intern – Accounting
$15.00 per hour
Job Level: Individual Contributor
What You Will Be Doing:
Support all teams of the Accounting Department as needed with the primary focus of improving processes and enhancing procedures to increase efficiency and accuracy of our financial information.
Involved in various department functions and activities for the purpose of learning Shelter-specific policies, procedures, and methods of conducting business. Exposed to many facets of department activities including, but not limited to, traveling to visit branch office(s) or agent office(s), job shadowing with department members, attending department meetings or applicable corporate training classes, and performing assigned job duties. Assist department with regular work and may be assigned to special projects as appropriate.
Must be an ethnic minority. Must be a current, full time college student, also enrolled full time for Fall 2023. Majoring in Accounting or Business preferred. Completion of Accounting 1 & 2 preferred.
What We're Looking For:
- Good personal computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Time commitment of 8-10 weeks of employment from May through August, and be able to coordinate schedule with school ending, Shelter job needs and start dates.
- Must meet Diversity Internship Program Requirements and have reached an education level of full-time college sophomore or junior.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without a reasonable accommodation