Summer 2023 HR Internship
Strayos Summer 2023 HR Internship
See what it really means to work in a high-tech start-up.
Strayos is an Artificial Intelligence company that creates software solutions for the drilling, blasting, and mining industries. We help make the world a better place by empowering these critical industries to improve worker safety, increase environmental responsibility, and operational efficiency. We’re a small agile fast paced startup that pushes the boundaries of what’s possible.
As a Strayos HR Intern you will be directly involved in the HR initiatives the company is currently working on.
This internship is real-world hands-on experience where you will be able to help shape, implement, measure, analyze, and refine our HR strategies. Because we are a small team, you will get lots of cross functional exposure including working with our CEO, GM, sales, full stack, and machine learning team.
Strayos internships are intern led. We appreciate students who know what they want to do (even if they aren’t sure how to do it) and we will do our best to facilitate them. If you are not sure what interests you, do not worry, we can provide you with opportunities to explore your interests until you do.
There are many ways you could participate depending on your interests or skill set, including…
● University outreach & event participation
● Recruiting initiatives
● Social media/digital recruitment strategy analysis and improvement
● Team Building activities- event planning, company culture development and promotion
● Training Program development and optimization
● Legal issues – registrations, employment laws, contracts, etc.
● Assist in the development of presentations, events, and meetings
● Anything else that piques the student’s interest during their time with us
To succeed in a Strayos internship you must:
● enjoy challenges (most of us are doing things we never thought we would)
● be able to thrive in a fast moving environment (go fast- but try not to break things)
● be self motivated (it’s a start-up- you need to be able to dive in)
● be full of great ideas you're ready to try (‘cause we can’t think of everything)
● be able to roll with it (priorities change whenever the business needs them to)
● learn quickly (what we do is super niche)
● have a sense of humor (because we like people that laugh at our jokes)
● In person with the possibility of some (up to 50%) remote work
● 20 hours a week during the semester, 40 hours a week during the summer
● Unpaid, credit earning
● Direct report to company GM and/or CEO
● This is a business environment; interns are expected to be available during business hours depending on class schedule and other commitments
We assist our interns in building their personal brand by promoting them and their work through our social media channels, including featuring their hiring, work (posts/blogs/reports/presentations), and creating intern videos.
The ideal candidate should be qualified (or highly motivated to become so).