Associate Social Services Specialist
Put your Passion for helping children, families, and your community to work! Positions open statewide!
Are you passionate about helping people? The Department of Social Services – Children’s Division cares for at-risk children and families by providing family preservation and reunification services, investigating allegations of abuse and neglect, and conducting foster care and adoption case management.
What you'll do:
- Maintain collaborative relationships with partnering agencies serving children and families
- Assist families to maintain stability through appropriate services and referrals
- Interact with law enforcement, other public officials, and organizations
- Represent Children’s Division during court hearings and other meetings
- Respond to the needs of children, providing transportation, if needed
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and possession of a valid driver’s license. If you are graduating within two months please go ahead and apply!
- To qualify as a Social Services Worker II: Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of relevant experience.
Apply at: https://dss.mo.gov/hrc/jobs/cd
Questions or to set up an interview contact call or text: (913) 735-9374
More reasons to love this position:
The State of Missouri offers an excellent benefits package that includes a defined pension plan, generous amounts of leave and holiday time, eligibility for health insurance coverage, and potential qualification for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. To help demonstrate the value of working for the State of Missouri, we have created an interactive Total Compensation Calculator. The Total Compensation Calculator and other applicant resources can be found here.
If you experience an accessibility issue while applying at mocareers.mo.gov, please contact: Courtney Hall at 573-526-0416 or Courtney.A.Hall@dss.mo.gov
The State of Missouri is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.