Family owned and operated since 2004, Nanny's Early Learning Center is committed to providing quality care for all of our children in a safe and loving environment.
As a Float teacher, you will work with students and assist classroom teachers to provide a comprehensive educational program. Our ideal candidate is industrious, cooperative and knowledgeable about educational best practices and child development.
You will be expected to:
- Help prepare materials for lessons, demonstrations, and bulletin boards
- Work with students individually or in small groups for extension or remediation
- Provide extra help as needed to students with physical, mental, or linguistic limitations
- Help maintain detailed records of students' progress on instructional or behavioral goals
We're looking for teachers who are:
- Empathetic and caring
- Patient and kind
- Good at planning and organizing
- Creative and flexible
- Enthusiastic about learning
- Passionate yet pragmatic
- Able to have a sense of humor yet remain respectful of differences
- Willing to take risks for the sake of the children
Job Duties Include
- Maintaining frequent communications with parents through informal discussions and through the ProCare app
- Ensuring all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Ensuring a healthy classroom environment - including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Maintaining accurate records, forms and files.
- Maintaining a personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Helping prepare materials for lessons, demonstrations, and bulletin boards
- Helping maintain detailed records of students' progress on developmental goals
- Providing extra help as needed to students with physical, mental, or linguistic limitations
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
- Requirements include the ability to use hands and fingers, handle objects, tools or controls, talk to and hear voices at many levels. May also be required to kneel, bend, squat or crawl.
- A specific vision ability will be required including the ability to see up close and up to a certain distance, have peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.