Remote Freelance Food and Dining Feature Writer - TastingTable.com
Steady freelance work that pays on time! Food and dining site Tasting Table is looking for enthusiastic, hard-working freelance writers to join our feature team. Ideal candidates have at least three years of experience writing content for print or the web with a focus on food, cooking, and dining content similar to Tasting Table. We are looking for creative individuals who are self-sufficient and versatile. The position is work-from-home with flexible, stable hours. Location does not matter; U.S. and international candidates are encouraged to apply.
About Tasting Table
Tasting Table is a one-stop shop for all food and drink enthusiasts. We bring you practical cooking tips and dining advice, must-try recipes you can trust, and all the top news from the food world. Whether you're looking for the latest viral trends or the tried-and-true methods of your favorite chefs, there's a place for you at Tasting Table — no reservations required.
Feature Writer Responsibilities:
- Claim feature article topics from a large selection of assignments
- Research, pitch, and write 2600- to 3000-word articles in a custom CMS with a one-week to one-day turnaround, depending on the topic and timeliness of the article
- Contribute to and follow the guidelines of our style guide, editorial strategy, and publishing standards to uphold quality of content
- Compensation: 8 cents per word
Minimum three years of editorial experience writing and editing. Experience with building content in a CMS.
To apply for this job, please submit the following materials:
- Your resume
- A letter of intent
- Three professional writing samples relevant to the content we share on Tasting Table (attach these in a PDF or link to them in your cover letter)
Applications missing any of these elements will not be considered.
All content on Static Media's sites is written entirely by humans. While we understand AI-written content is becoming prevalent, any articles submitted using AI during the hiring process will not be considered.
We believe representation matters at Static Media and strongly encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, those with disabilities, and individuals from other underrepresented groups to apply.