Environmental Scientist Intern – Natural Resources
Kaskaskia Engineering Group, LLC (KEG) is seeking Environmental Scientist Interns responsible for performing tasks requiring the application of standard environmental techniques and procedures on a wide variety of transportation projects. The Interns will gain hands-on, meaningful work experience to enhance their education and professional aptitude. Our Interns gain exposure to real projects while working side by side with senior staff, gaining mentorship, networking opportunities and lifelong career connections.
- Pursuit of Bachelor's degree or higher in environmental science, biology or related degree from an accredited program.
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS programs strongly preferred.
- Actively involved in campus, community or other volunteer activities or organizations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Basic knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office programs, including, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Desire and ability to work outside.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Self-motivated and eager learner, aptitude to grow and develop within the field.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without requiring future sponsorship for employment visa status.
Career Experience Opportunities
- Support projects of various sizes and scopes in environmental regulatory compliance, permitting and environmental due diligence.
- Assist with environmental desktop reviews for wetlands, protected species, and other published data review.
- Assist with environmental field studies including wetland delineations and biological field work.
- Assist in plant identification and Floristic Quality Assessments.
- Assist in preparing graphics related to project deliverables using ArcGIS.
- Assist with data analysis and report preparation.
- Assist in preparing waterway regulatory permitting applications permit preparation.
- Communicate with Environmental Team and other company staff to provide quality services.
Benefits & Flexibility
- Flex time available as workload allows
- Competitive salary and compensation structure
- Paid holidays and overtime
- Friendly, inclusive, supportive environment for both personal and professional growth
- Pet-friendly office environment
Diversity & Inclusion Statement
At KEG, we do not just accept difference - we embrace it, we champion it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our team, our clients, and the service we provide. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to building a team that proudly represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skillsets.
KEG is a 100% woman-owned and managed engineering and contracting firm that was founded in 2006. From the beginning, we have recruited highly skilled employees from a variety of public and private sector backgrounds. This has allowed us to quickly amass an impressive portfolio of federal, state, county, and private project experience. Our main office is located in downtown Belleville, Illinois, with branch offices in Geneva, Peoria, Champaign, Macomb, and Glen Carbon, Illinois, as well as Ste. Genevieve, Missouri, Evansville, Indiana, and St. Paul, Minnesota. The diversity of our in-house services affords us the ability to understand more than just how to complete a project. It allows us to view projects with a holistic approach – considering all phases of projects, as well as environmental, client, and stakeholder needs.
KEG’s purpose is to make the world a better place through the practice of engineering. Through partnerships with our clients and regulatory agencies, we plan, design, and build projects that enhance communities, spur economic development, and respect the environment. We practice gratitude for our blessings by giving back to our communities through service projects and active participation in community organizations. It is this diversity and commitment to public service that separates us from most other engineering firms.