R&D Systems Engineering Scientist Associate R23706
Please Note: In order to be considered for this position, you MUST be a US Citizen and apply through the ARL Workday website.
Design, implement, test and document modern network and sonar systems while tracking and verifying system requirements in the Advanced Technology Laboratory (ATL).
- Design system hardware ranging from system cabling to system power distribution for large and small modern computer and network systems.
- Work with mechanical designers and electrical and mechanical technicians to implement the design.
- Document the design thoroughly and clearly through schematics, block diagrams, wiring diagrams, parts lists and simulation results and document progress.
- Incrementally test, troubleshoot and verify the system and its performance in both test and deployment environments.
- Track, document and verify system design against system requirements.
- Other related functions as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or other related discipline.
- Experience designing, testing and documenting systems.
- Experience with troubleshooting and debugging systems using automation scripts and lab test equipment.
- Experience with Linux and open source documentation tools.
- Experience developing, documenting and executing requirements testing and verification.
Applicant must have a dynamic skill set, willing to work with new technologies, be highly organized and capable of planning and coordinating multiple tasks and managing their time. The position will require attention to detail, effective problem solving skills and excellent judgment. Ability to work independently with sensitive and confidential information, maintain a professional demeanor, work as a team member without daily supervision and effectively communicate with diverse groups of clients. Able to work under pressure and accept supervision. Regular and punctual attendance.
US Citizen. Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information at the level appropriate to the project requirements of the position.
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering with experience in system development.
- Two or more years of professional experience as a Electrical Engineer.
- Experience integrating and troubleshooting computers and network systems.
- Experience with Linux and related script automations.
- Experience with a wide variety of communication and bus architectures (USB, Ethernet, Fiber Optic, PCIe, etc) and their cabling requirements.
- Knowledge and experience with requirements and requirements traceability.
- Knowledge of DevSecOps and CI/CD principles.
- Knowledge of Agile project execution.
- Eligibility for immediate access to classified information.
An agency designated by the federal government handles the investigation as to the requirement for eligibility for access to classified information. Factors considered during this investigation include but are not limited to allegiance to the United States, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations, drug involvement, the likelihood of continuation of such conduct, etc.
Please mark "yes" on the application question that asks if additional materials are required. Failure to attach all additional materials listed below may result in a delay in application processing.
Visit our website (www.arlut.utexas.edu) for additional information about Applied Research Laboratories.
UT Austin offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
· 100% employer-paid basic medical coverage
· Retirement contributions
· Paid vacation and sick time
· Paid holidays
Please visit our Human Resources (HR) website to learn more about the total benefits offered.
$78,000 - $120,000+/negotiable depending on qualifications
- Standard office conditions
- Repetitive use of a keyboard at a workstation
- Use of manual dexterity
- Some weekend, evening and holiday work
- Possible interstate/intrastate travel
- 3 work references with their contact information; at least one reference should be from a supervisor
- Letter of interest
- Unofficial college transcripts