Summer Aquatic Aide (Front Desk and Concessions)
The Aquatic Aide will be under the general supervision of the Recreation Manager, Recreation Specialist and Aquatic Aid Manager, and shall be responsible for the routine work in operating of the aquatic concession’s facility and in the daily operations of the aquatic center front desk and slides.
- Prepares concessions for operation.
- Maintains equipment and facilities.
- Responsible for the accounting of monies received.
- Enforces park and facility rules in a courteous manner.
- Professional and courteous to customers.
- Cleans work area and empties trash.
- Selling season passes and program registrations.
- Checking in season pass holders and daily admission guests.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain rules and policies as acting slide attendant.
- Ability to know and respond to facility Emergency Action Plan.
Basic knowledge of restaurant and or food preparation. Basic knowledge of computer skills and capable of accurate money handling; Basic knowledge of equipment to do related work.
Must be able to adeptly handle multiple priorities, problems, and demanding situations; possess strong oral communication skills; be able to look toward the future while dealing with the demands of the present; possess strong planning and organization skills; be creative and proactive, yet politically sensitive; possess strong customer service skills and be a team player.
Ability to work indoors and outdoors with long varied hours such as days, nights, holidays and weekends. Must be able to bend, kneel stoop, reach and lift. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and where frequent interruptions prevail. Must be able to operate a computer, cash drawer and credit card machine.
Must be able to work with potentially dangerous equipment. Requires alertness, precision memory, concentration, judgement, reasoning, patience, problem solving and imagination. Must be quality minded, safety conscious, people and service oriented, a team player and self-starter.
Minimum Education, Certification and Experience
Must be at least 16 years of age. Must complete the City of Chesterfield Training/Orientation Program. Must be flexible to work mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.