Build your career with growth and flexibility in mind. Oates Associates is an employee-owned civil and structural engineering firm focused on enhancing our local community. From engaging projects you see through from design to construction to company socials and events, Oates Associates offers a work environment that encourages and supports you during your career development journey with flex-time and work-from-home options.
To accommodate our continued growth, we are seeking a motivated and energetic individual for a project engineer position. Work will be out of our Collinsville, IL or St. Louis, MO office.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's in civil engineering
- EIT certificate or recently received PE license
- 0 - 5+ years civil engineering experience
- Experience working with state, county and local agencies in Missouri and Illinois is a plus
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or MicroStation - Geopak is a plus
- Strong technical, writing and organizational skills
Responsibilities may include:
- Roadway planning, layout and design
- Intersection geometric design and traffic studies
- Developing roadway plans using MicroStation
- Drainage design
- ADA assessments and design
- Drawing topographic surveys
- Laying out sites and developing grading plans in AutoCAD
- Coordinating utility service connections and relocations
- Developing construction documents and cost estimates
- Observing construction operations at work sites and performing material tests
Oates Associates is a thriving local design firm that offers the look and feel of a small business while providing the excitement and experience gained from projects you may find in a larger firm. Our strong leadership in the communities we serve combined with our teamwork-centered office environment makes Oates Associates a great place to work.
Oates Associates is a 100% Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). The firm offers competitive salaries; annual bonus; an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and vision; a health and wellness program with incentives; company sponsored events and activities; flex-time and work-from-home options; and opportunity for quick advancement. The firm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that is committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, natural origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.