Service Desk Technician Intern
Job Title: Service Desk Technician Intern
At Stericycle, we deliver solutions and drive innovations that protect the environment, people, and public health. This includes working to create a more sustainable, shared future. Our innovative solutions make a difference in people's lives, communities, and our planet by protecting their health and well-being. Change your career. Change your world. Join Stericycle and help protect health and well-being in a safe, responsible, and sustainable way.
The Service Desk Technician – Tier 2 plays a critical role by providing advanced technical support via phone, email, chat, and other avenues. The Technician handles Tier 1 escalated Incidents and Requests along with complex customer issues, works closely with other departments and third parties/partners as needed, and provides guidance to Tier 1 team members.
If you are passionate, curious, creative, motivated, and solution driven. Join us and you’ll get an inside look at what it’s really like to work for Stericycle and gain important professional skills. Stericycle’s success is a result of the diverse talent and leadership across our entire team. As part of our commitment to protect what matters, we cultivate an inclusive culture where our team members feel welcome, valued and heard.
More experience in less time: As a Stericycle summer intern, you'll pack a lot into 10 short weeks. You'll work hard and have lots of fun too! At Stericycle, we deliver solutions and drive innovations that protect the environment, people, and public health. This includes working to create a more sustainable, shared future. Our innovative solutions make a difference in people’s lives, communities, and our planet by protecting their health and well-being. Join Stericycle and help protect health and well-being in a safe, responsible, and sustainable way.
Key Job Activities:
- Handles escalations and complex support issues and works to provide resolution. Documents troubleshooting steps, resolution and closes ticket or escalates to respective internal team.
- Configure, troubleshoot, and maintain various infrastructure hardware components and internal solutions, desktop and laptop computers, network printers, software and O365 applications.
- Act as mentor and provide support for the Tier 1 Technical Support team members
- Provide evening and weekend on call support on a rotational basis
- Participates in Major Incident calls and is responsible for distributing email communication
- Provide Deskside Support, Walk up Window Support and other duties as assigned
Required Education: in High School Diploma or Equivalent
Preferred Education: in Tech Diploma or Computer Science
Experience (North America):
- Basic understanding of ITIL is considered an asset
- Experience with common end user applications including Windows 7, Windows 10, Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, and Outlook is a plus
- Knowledge of IP networking concepts, Wi-Fi, and remote access technologies is a plus
- Must be 18 years or older, with a HS diploma or equivalent
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail and quality
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
The above description is meant to provide a summary of the nature and level of work being performed; it should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements of the job or person. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Stericycle will consider requests for workplace accommodations for protected physical or mental limitations in accordance with its human resources policies and local laws.To the extent permissible under local law, and consistent with business necessity, Stericycle reserves the right to modify the content formally or informally, either verbally or in writing, at any time with or without advance notice.