The Lab Technician will collaborate with Project Engineers to plan, perform, and record results of materials, components & system testing to support product development activities, and production part evaluation requirements.
- Supports, creates and updates Part Test Plan Evaluations for Engineers
- Operates and maintains laboratory equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Coordinates lab resources to schedule and complete validation testing for multiple projects simultaneously
- Completes validation testing – performance strength, environmental and other testing functions of products by following customer test specifications and instructions from the Project Engineers which includes writing test reports
- Builds and maintains test fixtures
- Creates work instructions
- Creates test reports on Word/Excel documents such as summaries, charts, graphs, and status sheets
- Works directly with Engineers to develop new testing procedures and continuous improvements
- Maintains a safe, productive work environment in the test laboratory
- Conforms to all applicable QS9000/TS and ISO14001 policies, procedures, and work instructions
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required, Associates Degree in technical field preferred
- At least 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment required
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communications skills required
- Must have a basic knowledge of a machine operation in molding and assembly
- Proficient computer skills in MSOffice required
- Must possess excellent attention to detail and be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work independently, as well as in a collaborative environment
- Must possess a willingness to learn new computer programs and equipment controls used in testing activities, required
- Must be able to work flexible schedule of overtime and some weekends
- Intellectually curious and has a driving interest in technology preferred
- Exposure to CAD preferred
- Minimum 2 years lab and test equipment related experience preferred
- Mechanically inclined problem solver capable of using a wide range of lab equipment, tools, and materials
ITW offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including competitively priced medical and dental coverage the first of the month following hire, free life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and immediate 401k matching. Additional retirement savings contribution (above and beyond 401k) is awarded at no cost after one year.
ITW Body & Fuel NA is an equal opportunity, equal employment, affirmative action employer. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone is welcome to contribute their unique talents and ideas. We encourage applications from females, males, disabled/protected or other veterans, persons with disabilities, all races and ethnicities, sexual orientations and gender identities. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable persons with disabilities to apply and to perform the essential job functions. If you require assistance with completing an application, please reply that you require assistance.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.