Career Specialist Full-Time
Job Summary: Works intensively with individuals to learn the skills needed to succeed in employment. Train individuals in various community sites on the soft and hard skills of employment. Support individuals with negotiating accommodations and developing natural supports to promote independence in the workplace. Assist with career planning and job search tasks as indicated. Completes required documentation as specified. Reports to Program Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of the Job:
- Provide training to individuals at various locations throughout the community as scheduled.
- Transport, provide training on transportation, or facilitate transportation for individuals as dictated by their current Individualized Plan.
- Facilitate the relationships between the individual and others within his/her work site to promote independence and development of work related skills.
- Design and implement training /job supports based on the individual and his/her specific job support needs, ensuring services are provided systematically and support is provided in the manner needed by the individual so that they develop the skills needed to meet the requirements of an employer. Provide feedback into training strategies if adjustments are needed.
- Directly build new relationships and maintain existing relationships with businesses in the community, leading to successful job matches and negotiated accommodations.
- Schedule and conduct quarterly staffing or other special staffing/team meetings in a timely manner.
- Document all activities, including completion of ISP data (daily), monthly reports, and other assigned items in a thorough, objective, and timely manner.
- Assure successful job seeker outcomes by effectively and professionally collaborating and communicating with internal and external stakeholders including but not limited to: employer, job seeker, families, case management entities, and other service providers.
- Meet bi-annual individual goals for billable time (this number will vary according to budget and current referral climate and is set by the Program Manager and Program Director).
- Complete career planning, job development, and other services as needed based on departmental and individual needs.
- Participate positively and fully in staff meetings, regular progress reviews, etc. to assure that action is maintained and the career specialist team is working cooperatively.
- Ensure Health and Safety standards are followed by ACT as well as community-based employment sites.
- Ensure HIPAA compliance.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Keep Supervisor informed, in a timely manner, of situations, concerns, or problems related to individual's personnel matters, or services. Bring any unusual situations to the immediate attention of the Program Supervisor.
- Maintain current certification in Abuse/Neglect Prevention, CPR, First Aid, Positive Behavior Support, HIPAA, and all others required by the agency.
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Other duties as assigned.
ACT is an equal opportunity employer and we believe in strength through diversity. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, genetic expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Benefits Summary: ACT values its employees and is committed to offering benefits designed to help enhance their physical and mental health. ACT views the benefits offered to its workforce as a vital component of the overall compensation package. We strive to offer our employees a robust and comprehensive benefit package that includes health/dental/vision/supplemental insurance, a matching retirement plan, an employee referral program, employee assistance program, and a generous paid absence/vacation package which makes ACT a more attractive place to work.
$1/hour shift differential after 6:00 PM daily. $3/hour shift differential paid on Saturday and Sundays!
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.