RF Design Engineer III
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address critical challenges linked to global macrotrends such as safety, security, productivity, global urbanization, and energy. With approximately 129,000 employees worldwide, including more than 19,000 engineers and scientists, Honeywell has an unrelenting focus on quality, delivery, value, and technology in everything they make and do. Honeywell has been named a Top 100 Global Innovator for seven years in a row, recognizing the company’s global reach of portfolio and invention influence.
In Kansas City, Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technologies (FM&T) manages and operates the U.S. Department of Energy/National Nuclear Security Administration’s (NNSA) Kansas City National Security Campus. This state-of-the-art engineering, manufacturing, and sourcing facility produces a wide array of intricate components to deliver trusted national security products and government services primarily for the NNSA. Honeywell FM&T’s culture of integrity, commitment and continuous improvement enables them to deliver responsive, collaborative, and innovative management and technology services and products that translate into cutting edge solutions to complex national security issues.
***This position will be in Kansas City, MO***
Summary of Duties:
- Executes product design and development through all phases of the product lifecycle.
- Design of new and current products, programs, components, tools, and acceptance equipment to meet specific requirements.
- Creates robust technical data packages from design concepts.
- Performs and analyzes routine to moderately complex engineering functions, applying mathematical, physical science, and engineering technologies.
- Follows established procedures in completing multiple technical assignments.
- Develops test procedures and performs routine to moderately complex engineering evaluation tests, product and process capability studies, quality audits, product or project data reviews, and other engineering evaluation work to assure product manufacturability.
- Interacts with customers, design agencies, suppliers, and internal organizations to assist in resolving design, development, production, and acceptance issues.
- Evaluates opportunities for defect prevention based on standard or accepted technical practices and recommends preventive corrective actions.
- May perform other duties as required.
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment.
- Takes actions necessary to stop work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.
- Mentors other less experienced engineers.
You Must Have:
- Ability obtain and maintain Department of Energy Q-Level Clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Bachelor of Science Degree from an ABET accredited Engineering program or Bachelor of Science Degree in Physics from and accredited program.
- 4 years of experience in Engineering or technical activities.
- Experience with RF electronics design and engineering.
- BS or Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited program.
- Experience with electrical system design, trouble shooting and failure analysis.
- Experience with EMI mitigation.
- Experience with embedded electronics design containing microcontrollers, DSPs, FPGAs, etc.
- The ability to re-engineer and understand the operation of analog and digital circuits using schematics and computer simulation software.
- Experience creating high-level test system designs, mixed-signal printed circuit design, antenna design and software defined radios.
- Experience with wireless communication protocols (802.11, 802.15, GSM, LTE, 5G, etc.).
- Software development skills using languages such as C variants, Python, LabVIEW.
- Self-motivated and pro-active, with the ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Superior ability to provide technical guidance, consultative services, and innovative solutions as well as utilizing problem solving skills.
- Ability to interface effectively with support organizations, internal customers, and external customers through oral or written communication.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, with latitude for independent action and decision making.