Packaging Engineer Internship - 6-12 Months
At the Robert Bosch Tool Corporation, we know that every career matters. Which is why you should conduct yours on a grand scale. Headquartered in the northwest Chicago suburb of Mount Prospect, we are a $990 million division of Bosch, a multinational engineering and electronics organization and the largest privately held employer in the world.
Guided by the principles of founder Robert Bosch, we offer a setting where social and environmental responsibility are part of our corporate DNA. Always mindful of our impact on the future, we are committed to sustainability, paying it forward, giving back, and lifelong learning. These are but a few of the reasons why our parent company has more than 400,000 associates and a legacy of success spanning 130 years.
This internship will be partially remote but the hired applicant will be expected to come into the Mount Prospect office.
This internship works directly with packaging engineering teams and will be expected to lead small packaging projects working with Product Development processes in cooperation with various functional areas (Marketing, Quality, Purchasing, Manufacturing/Vendors).
In addition, this internship will be responsible for:
- Support with market research and collecting internal data to support project briefings
- Analyze data to validate projects, including for cost savings packaging projects
- Acquire and organize product samples and mockups
- Manage the circulation of packaging documentation for various functional approvals
- Review and qualify packaging die files from printers and external suppliers
- Write and circulate engineering change notices and product setup data sheets for new products to be populated in company databases (SAP and GIS) with artwork images, die lines, and material specifications
- Various other tasks as needed
- Must be a currently enrolled student or recent graduate of an accredited packaging engineering, mechanical engineering or design engineering
- Minimum 3.0 GPA required
- Strong MS Office skills
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and/or CAD/PRO E
- Teamwork oriented
- Ability to manage project timelines successfully
- Must have strong organizational skills and be self-driven and proactive
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and a background check
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
Indefinite U.S. work authorized individuals only. Future sponsorship for work authorization is not available.