Data Science Intern [Summer 2023]
As a part of the Data Science Team, you will be building advanced AI/ML models for our BNPL product. We're looking for someone who thrives on solving difficult problems and putting new features in front of users.
As one of our first few hires, you will be an integral part of our team, working directly with the founders and C-suite execs on a day-to-day basis. You will be a part of key strategic decisions and directly responsible for architecting and implementing systems that shape our BNPL credit product and impact our customers directly. This role will require a high degree of ownership and the ability to execute projects end-to-end.
Internship Program Details
- This internship is a 40 hrs/week internship (starting in late May or early June 2023).
- The duration of the internship varies between 10-12 weeks.
- This is a paid internship opportunity. You should be a Rising Senior Bachelor's Student (entering your final year), or a Masters's Student to be eligible for this internship.
- You will be required to relocate to Chicago and work out of our office for the duration of the internship.
We are looking for motivated self-starters who are ready to roll up their sleeves and get to work. While we have a list of basic qualifications, we ask that you think of it more as general guidelines and not hard requirements.
Basic skill sets or educational qualifications that will be needed to get the job done, are listed below:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Analytics, or equivalent experience. A Master’s degree or relevant work experience in the field is highly preferred.
- Experience in predictive analytics models and machine learning in the financial space will be preferred.
- Experience building and refining credit risk models, or previous experience working in the financial services industry and specifically consumer lending (credit cards, loans, etc.) is a plus.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, financial product and business acumen accompanied with knowledge of data structures, algorithms, statistical and modeling techniques.
- Professional experience with programming languages such as Python or Ruby; proficiency using version control systems such as Git; querying language such as SQL, code editors such as Atom, or Visual Studio.
- A desire to design and build lending and banking products from scratch.
- Self‐starter and problem solver, willing to solve difficult problems, manage and motivate team members, and work independently when necessary.
Internships are designed to give you an opportunity to get your feet wet in all things Data Science at a high-growth startup. This internship gives you the chance to evaluate if working at startups is the right career path for you!
- We often convert our internships into full-time job offers, if there seems to be a good fit.
- Competitive pay 💵
- Our office is located in the heart of Chicago Downtown in a high-rise building with amenities such as Fitness Center, Lounge Areas, and monthly social events.
- We sponsor visas for all full-time positions. You must be currently residing in the U.S. to be eligible 🛂