Loan Specialist - Evenings and Weekends - St. Louis Area
Veterans United is seeking a Flex Loan Specialist to join the team that was named the #1 Best Place to Work by the St. Louis Business Journal. Do you have strong customer service skills? Are you results-driven and interested in a sales position? Does a fast-paced workday complete with problem solving and critical thinking sound appealing to you? Would you like to work outside of your typical 9-5? If you answered yes, you might be just the person we are looking for.
As a Flex Loan Specialist (formerly known as Assistant Loan Officer), you help veterans and service members understand the VA loan benefit and get them started with the process to obtain a loan. You will often serve as the first point of contact with borrowers.
We’re always looking for folks who are passionate about what they do and will deliver results with integrity, while enhancing the lives of those around them. In fact, those lines are right from our values .
A successful Flex Loan Specialist embodies our values by being passionate about serving our borrowers, honestly delivering on their metrics, and going above and beyond for those they come in contact with.
Being on the flex team, your schedule is outside of typical business hours, but very flexible! This is a full-time position; however, those hours can be worked anytime of your choosing, within the following guidelines:
- Anytime between 12PM-10PM Monday through Friday and anytime between 8AM-10PM Saturday and Sunday.
- Flex Loan Specialists are required to work 2 nights a week until 10PM.
- Flex Loan Specialists are required at least 32 weekend hours per month.
Flex Loan Specialists are granted the opportunity to set their own schedule within these guidelines. If you’re someone who works best with set schedules, our leaders are happy to guide you in creating your schedule once you get started with us.
Job duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Educate borrowers on loan process and product/service alternatives.
- Interview borrowers and obtain and/or verify information and documentation.
- Analyze borrower credit for pre-approval or denial of loan applications.
- Make initial contact and respond promptly to customer inquiries to collect borrower financial and credit information.
- Process borrower credit information through online approval system.
- Inform borrowers on future loan documentation requests, including borrowers' income and asset information.
We’ll also want to know you can demonstrate these attributes:
- Superior organization skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong work ethic.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness and drive to become a licensed mortgage professional.
- The ability to not only survive, but also thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Previous customer service and sales experience preferred.
- Must be NMLS licensed or become licensed upon employment.
Veterans United Home Loans and its affiliates are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected classifications.