Audio Operator/Production Assistant
KOLR 10/Ozarks 49 is looking for an Audio Operator/Production Assistant
Position Description, Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Preparation of the audio board and equipment for shows, as well as maintaining the quality of sound throughout the newscast. Audio operators are responsible for checking sound levels on microphones and other audio equipment functionality, including running sound checks, as well as maintaining the work area for other members of the production staff to ensure safety and productivity. Audio operators help organize cues to perfect the order of execution for effects, music, and other sounds by referencing their show rundowns.
- Operational knowledge of Digital and Analog audio consoles and peripheral equipment including digital and analog patch bays and routers.
- Setting up, checking, and ensuring that all microphones, audio and media playback are adjusted for proper VU levels and equalization.
- Proper setting of IFB mix minus and Telos Systems for Live Shots and Telephone call-ins.
- Proficient in Signal Processing with Reverbs & Effects
- Coordination of all RF/Wireless equipment (i.e., microphones, IFB and PL) as well as all studio foldback & Live Sound Performance
- Anticipate equipment problems and having solutions
- Consistently achieve client satisfaction by ensuring that creative goals are met.
- Composes and frames camera shots, applying the technical aspects of light, lenses and camera settings to achieve the effects sought by directors
- Adjusts positions and controls of cameras to change focus, exposure and lighting as requested by the director
- Operates studio cameras during live broadcasts
- Confers with directors and other crew members to discuss sequences, desired effects, camera movements and lighting requirements
- Sets up cameras and related equipment
- Tests, cleans, maintains, and repairs camera equipment
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements and Skills:
- Associate degree in communications, TV production and/or 2+ years of audio experience in a live television environment including news, talk, entertainment and sports programming or live audio applications, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of broadcast and production technology
- Self-motivated, fast learner, ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to multi-task, troubleshoot and react quickly during daily broadcasts
- Interpersonal and professional communication skills
- Exhibit a professional attitude and be able to perform in a high-pressure environment
- Work well within a team environment and independently with minimal supervision
- Computer literate and technically oriented, basic computer skills and familiarity with Windows operating systems
The must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Audio Operator/Production Assistant must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions. Must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer