Junior Trader, 2024
Akuna Capital is an innovative trading firm with a strong focus on collaboration, cutting-edge technology, data driven solutions, and automation. We specialize in providing liquidity as an options market-maker – meaning we are committed to providing competitive quotes that we are willing to both buy and sell. To do this successfully, we design and implement our own low latency technologies, trading strategies and mathematical models.
Our Founding Partners first conceptualized Akuna in their hometown of Sydney. They opened the firm’s first office in 2011 in the heart of the derivatives industry and the options capital of the world – Chicago. Today, Akuna is proud to operate from additional offices in Sydney, Shanghai and London.
What you’ll do as a Junior Trader at Akuna:
We are seeking bright, math-savvy, competitive, and ambitious Junior Traders with a strong desire to learn how to make markets in a rapidly growing trading firm. Akuna gives new Traders the opportunity to learn from the most successful members of our Trading team and apply their knowledge quickly. The ideal candidate will be a motivated individual with a desire to compete in the marketplace and make an immediate impact at a growing firm.
As a Junior Trader, we’ll teach you how to leverage our proprietary technology while implementing a variety of trading strategies and ideas, so you can get on the trading screens and make an impact on the bottom line of the firm. The ideal candidate displays strong mental math and excellent communications skills and is interested in being a part of a fast-paced and collaborative team environment.
After training, candidates will start with one of the following teams within the 1) Trading department (Junior Trader title) or 2) Quant Trading & Research department (Junior Quant Trader title):
- Options Market Making (and all the various desks)
- Delta One
- Vol Arb
- Quantitative Strategy Group
Qualities that make great candidates:
- BS/MS/ PhD degree in Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Actuarial Science or a related/equivalent field must be completed upon employment
- Strong math aptitude, numerical and quantitative analysis skills
- The ability to communicate effectively and efficiently while fostering external professional relationships
- Entrepreneurial self-starter ready to work in a fast paced and competitive team environment
- Desire to learn about financial markets and economic theories
- Programming experience preferred
- Major GPA of 3.0 or above
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required on the first day of employment including F-1 students using OPT or STEM
*This role is not for immediate hire - the next available start date is August 2024*
Please note: If you apply to multiple roles, you may be asked to complete multiple testing stages and interviews.
**Resumes must be submitted in PDF format.