NGO Sustainability is an advocacy and awareness-raising organization in the areas of sustainability, renewable energy, and climate change. Our mission is to help preserve Planet Earth for future generations by empowering citizens and contacting government representatives to implement sustainable practices and raise awareness. NGO Sustainability promotes a three-dimensional vision of sustainable development that integrates environmental, economic, and social factors.
Throughout the course of the year, selective groups of bright, hard-working college students, graduate students, PhD, post-graduate students, and retirees, volunteer at NGO Sustainability. They help further every aspect of the organization, from organizing and attending meetings at the United Nations, to organizing webinars with top business executives and ambassadors working in the world of sustainable development/Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s). Interns and associates can gain and or share experience in global sustainable development, climate change, renewable energy, business and sustainability (ESG/CSR), and women’s empowerment issues.
In a field as complex as sustainable development, our organization seeks to create an understanding of how the United Nations approaches these three factors to create a unified global goal. We do this by regularly hosting meetings with guest speakers at the U.N. Headquarters, New York, dealing with such issues as renewable energy, climate change, water management, and environmental governance.
About the Job:
NGO Sustainability seeks dynamic, self-starters to assist in its outreach (website/social media), research, editorial, and awareness-raising efforts. This position is a unique opportunity to attain knowledge of current advancements in the field of sustainable development while learning about the inner workings of a nonprofit organization, the United Nations (SDG’s), and other environmental organizations.
Interns will begin in August and continue to the end of 2023 at a minimum, many previous interns stay on longer.
This is an unpaid internship, but internships are eligible for academic credit or outside funding from universities.
- Work on teams for our newsletter, “Global Warning,” fundraising, social media/web design, sustainable fashion, university sustainability, and alumni outreach.
- Write weekly media article summaries, prepare and distribute newsletter to a mailing list of 1,000+ subscribers.
- Maintain correspondence with NGO Sustainability’s mailing list, responding to inquiries via email and telephone.
- Coordinate meetings with innovators, entrepreneurs, and UN ambassadors.
- Organize and facilitate conferences at the United Nations.
- Administrative duties, such as filing, making phone calls, gathering information.
- Write special topic reports regarding areas of focus such as transportation, urban development, waste management, biodiversity, business and sustainability (ESG), oceans, agriculture, etc.
- Write book reports, poetry, relevant quotes for the newsletter.
- Write environmental organization reports.
- Manage website and social media accounts, including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter; fundraising
- Contact local, state, federal, and international officials working on sustainability issues.
Please send a Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview.