The Medical Technologist (MT) or Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) II performs specimen processing and routine / complex testing on blood and other specimens which requires a knowledge and understanding of quality control, basic instrument maintenance, and procedure methodologies and reference ranges. Maintains appropriate documentation of all activities as required. Demonstrates good clinical laboratory practice
- Operates all instrumentation in assigned areas to deliver precise, timely, and accurate laboratory results. Performs all testing and operation of equipment as necessary to deliver quality results.
- Trains new laboratory personnel in methods, procedures and use of equipment and instruments specific to the assigned area.
- Performs quality controls for all equipment and troubleshoots malfunctioning instrumentation as necessary. Assesses technical and or instrument problems, including quality control and abnormal findings, evaluate possible solutions and chooses an appropriate course of action to solve the problem.
- Reports and maintains record of patient test results through the laboratory computer system accurately, meeting published turn around times for routine testing and stats.
- Participates in performance improvement activities and initiatives by proactively diagnosing and resolving problems. Specific quality functions are handled in an organized and timely fashion.
- Bachelor's Degree - Physical/Life Science/related
- <2 years
- No Experience
Licenses & Certifications
- ASCP, AMT,AAB or equiv or elig
- < 2 years
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer