Overnight Front Desk Manager
About Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts:
At Four Seasons, we believe in recognizing a familiar face, welcoming a new one and treating everyone we meet the way we would want to be treated ourselves. Whether you work with us, stay with us, live with us or discover with us, we believe our purpose is to create impressions that will stay with you for a lifetime. It comes from our belief that life is richer when we truly connect to the people and the world around us. At Four Seasons, our company values are much more than a program or a policy; they define who we are and inform the decisions we make. The company's guiding principle is the Golden Rule, and as such Four Seasons strives to have a long-lasting, positive influence on the communities where we operate and on the people we employ and serve around the world.
Sited near the confluence of the Mississippi and Missouri rivers, historic St. Louis continues to invite exploration. Find the luxurious Hotel, a haven of tranquility with epic views of the Gateway Arch, in the heart of downtown's entertainment district, just steps away from Horseshoe Casino, the pulse of St. Louis.
About the Overnight Manager role:
The Overnight Manager oversees the front desk operations and acts as the manager on duty in the hotel when the Front Office Manager is not available. Will manage shifts in the Rooms Departments as required. Responds to a wide variety of guest requests by accurately assessing the guest needs and requests and then adding personal recommendations and touches to achieve maximum customer satisfaction while complying with all Four Seasons’ policies. Ensures guests are provided with an exemplary level of service in keeping with the Four Seasons standards. Responsible for any related assignments to the Rooms division.
- Manages the staff at the Front Desk, Bell Desk, Driveway, and Concierge. Directs all activities of the employees and ensure communications and follow-up on any problems, guest requests or special requirements. Interviews, trains and schedules the staff. Conducts Performance Evaluations and disciplines staff when needed.
- Reviews and monitors schedules of staff under their responsibility. Frequently tours the hotel to ensure maintenance and upkeep. Monitors employee activities to assure that standards are being met, staff is being supported and guest needs are being met.
- Resolves customer complaints from all areas of the hotel, handling all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism, accommodating special requests whenever possible; assists customers in all inquiries in connection with hotel services, hours of operations, key hotel personnel, in-house events, directions, etc. Responds to all guest requests in an accurate and timely manner. Interaction with guest will be in person and by phone.
- Coordinates arrivals, departures and billing requirements. Blocks rooms for arrivals and ensures any discrepancies are resolved. Reviews daily arrivals to ensure proper handling of Special Attention Guests, Return Guests, and Groups.
- Assures that all financial and credit procedures are followed. Ensure daily follow up on credit problems. Reviews all paid-outs, rebates, Petty Cash disbursements and Direct Billings. Ensure posting and collection of garage revenues. Checks cashiers’ work at end of shift to ensure all transactions are reconciled with proper approvals and endorsements.
- Takes action in all matters related to the safety, security, satisfaction and well being of hotel guests and employees when senior managers are not available. Responds swiftly and effectively in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- Checks guest in and out in an efficient and friendly manner, using guest name whenever possible. Assures that guest is assigned type of room requested and the correct rate is charged. Arranges for luggage to be delivered to guest room. Issues correct keys to the guest. Checks out guest at end of stay. Ascertains guest satisfaction, collects keys, posts late charges and presents bill to guest. Ensure proper management and tracking of all guest packages through Key. Settles bill accurately through credit card or cash transaction. Reviews late arrivals, next day early arrivals and departures to plan for the next day’s activities. Plans ahead in the event of overselling the hotel, to ensure walk guests are identified and local hotels are secured for relocation.
- Utilizes a variety of computer systems to check guests in and out, run daily reports and select and block rooms for arriving guests, monitor valet parking, parking revenue and manage guest requests.
What we are looking for:
Ideal candidates will have one to two years in a leadership role within the Front Office at a hotel (or familiar environment). The leader in this role will have the ability to be visible in the operation, provide recognition, promote positive public relations, and handle concerns, or special requests for guests. Knowledge of full cycle of front office and guest service operations. Proficiency in hotel property managements systems (Opera, Golden, Workday, HotSOS, Micros Fidelio, Microsoft Office) is essential. Ability to follow Four Seasons cultural and core standards, policies, and standard operating procedures is a must. Excellent knowledge of product, strong communication skills - written and verbal and the ability to remain calm under pressure. Some additional preferred qualifications for the role include a college degree specializing in hotel/hospitality management, flexible schedule, with ability to work overnights, weekends, and holidays.
What we are offering you:
Four Seasons believes in offering the best to the best when it comes to employee benefits!
*Excellent benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision and 401K with employer matching all starting at 30 days!
*Time off plans starting at day of hire!
*An opportunity to be a part of a cohesive team in an inclusive work environment! *Complimentary and discounted hotel stays around the world!
*Wellbeing and mental health initiatives and focused company!
*Embracement and promotion of diversity in our workplace!
*Complimentary employee meals and beverages!
Learn more about what it is like to work at Four Seasons-visit us: