Quality Control Chemist
At Superior, we act like we own the company because we do. We are 100% employee-owned organization that thrives on a culture of cooperation, commitment, and stewardship. We invest in our people and processes so that we can best serve our customers, and grow responsibly. We shy away from "this is the way we've always done it," and gravitate towards "this make a lot of sense." We are looking for people that want to feel invested in making a difference that ultimately affects the company's bottom line, and yours as well. Oh, and by the way, we distribute solvents, chemicals, and composites. We also take customer's hazardous waste, and we repurpose it. And we're really good at all of the above because we've been doing it successfully since 1932.
Superior is currently seeking an experienced Quality Control Chemist for our Springfield, MO location. This is a Monday through Friday position with working hours 8am-5pm.
The position will perform quality control testing on incoming and outgoing products using the following instrumentation: Gas Chromatograph, Karl Fischer, viscometer, etc.
Successful candidate will:
- Possess strong problem-solving skills and initiative
- Work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks effectively and efficiently
- Display exceptional organizational skills and ability to prioritize work assignments
- Demonstrate ability to work in teams with members from various disciplines
- Display significant attention to detail
- 4 year degree required (chemistry/biology/science)
- Prior quality control experience (preferred)
- Familiar with analytical equipment – specifically, GC, KF, viscometer
- Excellent computer and communication skills
Superior offers a competitive compensation package which includes Medical Insurance (an HDHP option - 100% premium paid, and a highly subsidized PPO option with very affordable premiums), Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 401K, Flexible Spending, PTO, Paid Holidays, Life, Dental, Vision, STD and LTD.
We hire based on character as well as experience!
EOE including disability/veteran/drug free