Construction Accounting Intern
THE COMPANY: Intrinsic Development is a full service real estate development company that specializes in upscale multi-family and commercial mixed-use developments. Our organization has built more than 3.5 million square feet of projects, with an additional 300,000 square feet currently under construction. The Intrinsic Development team has successfully developed everything from hospitality venues, to mixed-use, multi-family, hotels, clinics, offices and restaurants across 6 Midwestern states. We are excited to expand into Lee's Summit, Missouri which will be the new home for our corporate office. This expansion coincides with the launch of our new 260+ acre mixed-use development, which will feature approximately 2,900 luxury multi-family units, as well as over 660,000 square feet of retail, office, entertainment, hospitality space, and other related commercial uses.
CONSTRUCTION ACCOUNTING INTERN POSITION: Our Construction Accounting Internship offers a unique opportunity to gain invaluable experience in various aspects of finance and accounting within a dynamic and growing company. Working closely with Senior Accounting staff, you will be involved in critical tasks such as vendor invoice verification, project job costing, and risk analysis, providing a hands-on learning experience that will greatly enhance your skill set and future career prospects in the financial industry. The ideal applicant will be interested in working longer than just a semester with potential to step into a full time role long term.
CONSTRUCTION ACCOUNTING INTERN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safeguard company assets through ongoing vendor invoice verification, reconciling vendor statements and submitting to appropriate parties for approval before payment.
- Scan, code, document and route invoices for electronic approval using Entrata.
- Input and post invoices to the AP and general ledger.
- Monitor subcontractor activity to help ensure compliance through the collection of Lien waivers and insurance documentation.
- Project job costing and analysis of ongoing projects; Work with senior accounting to ensure up to date Job costs and budget analysis.
- Loan cash management and project funding; Work closely with Senior Accounting staff to learn the cash management process for construction and tracking of loan construction loan operation.
- Construction in progress tracking with the migration to operating; Work closely with Senior Accounting staff to learn asset management and placement of completed projects into service.
- Risk Analysis of ongoing construction projects; Work closely with Senior Accountant to identify risk related to current contracts and possible costs savings.
CONSTRUCTION ACCOUNTING INTERN QUALIFICATIONS:
- REQUIRED; Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- HIGHLY PREFERRED; Previous accounting experience a huge plus!
- Detail oriented individual
- Ability to work individually and with a team
- Advanced Excel experience a plus
- Positive attitude and drive to succeed