Gatewood Wealth Solutions is seeking a skilled and dedicated Wealth Planner to join our team in St. Louis. The Wealth Planner position is an exciting opportunity to collaborate with a planning-centric team of advisors to design, build, and protect the financial dreams of clients. As a Wealth Planner, you will be responsible for providing exceptional client relationship management, ensuring client retention, and delivering comprehensive financial planning and investment advice. You will partner with one of our Client Care team of professionals to care for client relationships by actively participating and leading the financial planning process to address retirement, risk management, investment, estate, and tax considerations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Develop a mastery of Gatewood Wealth Solution’s planning and investment philosophies.
· Build and maintain strong relationships with client families, serving as the primary point of contact for planning, investment management, and service matters.
· Conduct in-depth analysis and scenario planning to identify opportunities and gaps, covering various financial aspects such as retirement planning, cash flow management, risk management, investment management, tax efficiency and estate planning.
· Create, edit, and present financial plans through eMoney, Black Diamond, and Holistiplan.
· Formulate and implement risk and investment recommendations aligned with client goals. Utilize industry knowledge to identify new revenue opportunities for existing clients.
· Determine asset allocation based on clients’ needs, as well as their willingness and ability to take risk.
· Diligently record client communication, case notes, client information and requests within the firm’s client relationship management platform.
· Manage the onboarding process for new clients and ensure the retention of existing client accounts and assets.
· Work closely with the operations team, investment committee, and other GWS professionals to deliver a concierge client experience, ensuring seamless service and proactive communication.
· Actively support the firm’s strategic initiatives.
· Bachelor’s Degree.
· Working to obtain CFP® (Certified Financial Planner Professional) or CFA® (Chartered Financial Analyst). Certification required within one year of employment.
· 2+ years of direct client-facing experience in financial planning, wealth management, and investment planning.
· Strong knowledge of investment products, insurance, and financial planning strategies.
· Strong interpersonal communication skills to engage with teammates and clients effectively.
· Analytical mindset and ability to provide thoughtful recommendations and solutions based on client goals.
· Results driven, detail-oriented self-starter.
· Excellent team player.
· Ability to adhere to firm process and compliance standards.
· Knowledge of the financial industry, financial products, financial planning concepts, and investment management.
· Must currently hold or obtain the Series 7, Series 63 & 65 (or Series 66) securities registrations, as well as the Missouri Life and Health Insurance licenses within 100 days of employment.
Compensation and Benefits
Gatewood Wealth Solutions offers a competitive salary with both individual and team-based incentive compensation, as well as a competitive benefits package. Gatewood Wealth Solutions pays 100% of a team member’s health insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, and offers a partially funded HSA option. Additional benefits include a company match 401(k) plan, education reimbursement, voluntary dental, and vision insurances. GWS offers paid primary and secondary caregiver leave, tenure based paid time off, and remote work opportunities.
Who is Gatewood Wealth Solutions?
Founded in 1981, Gatewood Wealth Solutions is a premier comprehensive financial planning and investment management firm headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, where it serves both local and national clients. Our mission is to share our expertise with families, helping them become and remain financially self-reliant, so they can give purpose to their money. We believe that when we help clients grow and protect their wealth, we are helping society. We fiercely defend our culture because we want Gatewood Wealth Solutions to be a place where team members enjoy coming to work – a place where they are happy, feel empowered and respected, and where they can make a positive impact on their clients and fellow team members. As part of the GWS team, you’ll be part of a community of individuals dedicated to understanding the needs of those we serve, seizing opportunities, and taking action to empower families to navigate their financial journey and safeguarding what matters most to them.
Gatewood Wealth Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment related decisions are based on ability, performance, and organizational needs without regard to age, citizenship, color, physical or mental disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran’s status, genetic information or any class protected by applicable law or ordinance.