This is a professional position primarily comprising a variety of outreach initiatives designed to coordinate programs based on Missouri State Archives holdings, which inform and assist the public on the use of primary sources.
When not developing outreach activities, this position ensures preservation of and access to archives collections by performing a variety of standard archival duties, including, but not limited to accessioning, conserving, arranging, describing and creating finding aids.
Job Functions and General Responsibilities:
- Coordinates public programing including student tours, the Central Missouri National History Day and Archives Alive!, the Missouri State Archives' educational performance program.
- Coordinates initial content development for social media.
- Promotes the archives through speaking engagements and professional organizations.
- Develops online educational resources related to primary sources.
- Performs archival research with the public including students.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of archival principles and established archival practices.
- Knowledge of sources, methods and techniques used in historical research.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in expressing ideas clearly and concisely orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, public officials, private groups and the public.
- Broad knowledge of Missouri history and organization of state agencies.
- Knowledge of teaching sources, methods and techniques (preferred).
- Knowledge of digital preservation standards and best practices (preferred).
- Must be able to lift and carry a forty-pound box of records and climb a ladder to retrieve materials.
- A master's degree in history, library science (with an archival and/or information science focus), computer science or related field is strongly preferred.
- Certified Archivist and/or Certified Records Manager designation or the commitment to obtain such as soon as qualified.
- A valid Missouri driver's license or be able to secure upon employment.
- Occasional travel required, including evening and weekend hours.
The above job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.