Occupational Therapist PRN
Provides leadership to professional and support staff for treatment and education of patients for the expedition of recovery, early discharge and return to independence.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited four year Occupational Therapy school; OR, must be a graduate of an accredited two year Master's degree program in Occupational Therapy (MOT).
- Must have two years of experience to include one year of experience in a specific physical disability.
- Must have current licensure with the Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners for Texas, or have temporary licensure in Texas. Completion of Texas licensure is required within six months of receiving a temporary licensure.
- Must have current registration as an Occupational Therapist by the National Board of Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT). Completion of NBCOT is required within six months if being hired with a temporary licensure.
- Must have a current Healthcare Provider CPR course completion card prior to hire and/or placement in job from one of the following:
o American Heart Association
o American Red Cross Rescuer
o Military Training Network.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, families, and hospital staff.
- Must be able to be flexible and adaptable to frequent changes in the work environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate problem-solving ability.
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership ability.
- Must have familiarity with personal computers, word processor and spreadsheet software.