2024 DC SUMMER INTERN - FULTON MO DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operates more than 18,000 stores in 47 states, and we’re still growing. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
The intern will partner with Management to work on special projects. During this time the intern will help manage and streamline day to day operations timely receipt, stocking, order filling, and shipment of merchandise. Duties can also include supervising employees who operate rolling stock equipment and/or automated equipment.
The program will begin May 20th, 2024 and will run for 10 weeks through July 26th, 2024.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct start-up meetings to communicate daily volume and safety topic of the week.
- Utilizes Standard Operating Procedures to resolve and correct problems; communicates issues to members of management for the assigned department.
- Utilizes Productivity Improvement Plan process to identify improvement areas.
- Reviews quality measurements and reports status to a member of management for the assigned department.
- Reviews quality measurements and reports status to reporting member of management for the assigned department.
- Maintains positive employee relations and maintains employee records on a daily basis.
- Supports safety programs to reduce or eliminate employee injuries
- Will report weekly to members of Management on current status of project and overall performance.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated employee relations skills and skills necessary to assist employees in conflict resolution and one-to-one communication.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Undergraduate or graduate business student with/or pursuing major in Supply Chain Management.
- Solid analytical skills and self-motivated.
- Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of the organization.
- Willingness to work in a team environment.
- Handle multiple activities simultaneously and ensure accurate and timely completion of tasks.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office Tools: Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Must be able to physically move throughout the distribution center to monitor the flow of merchandise.
- Exposure to dust varied lighting and noise.
- Some heavy lifting, bending, stooping, squatting, and kneeling may be required to assist employees when necessary.