Paralegal II - Family Law
Legal Aid of Western Missouri is seeking a full-time paralegal to help further its mission of providing equal access to justice for low-income individuals. The litigation support paralegal assists the staff attorneys in the Domestic Unit in representing survivors of domestic violence with child custody cases, paternity actions, and actions for dissolution of marriage. The job duties of this position include drafting advice letters and court pleadings; gathering information and records from third parties; conducting client interviews; and entering data into Legal Aid’s Client Management System.
The qualified candidate must have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree, associate’s degree, certificate in paralegal studies or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of legal terminology and legal communication principles and practices
- Experience in family law helpful, but not required
- Ability to speak a second language, preferred, but not required
- General competency in Word and Excel
Salary: $21.79/hour + DOE
- Medical Plans with PPO or HSA options
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical or dependent care
- Health Savings Accounts
- Paid Time Off: Vacation, Sick, Personal and Holidays
- Travel and parking reimbursement
- 401k and up to 3.5% employer match
Please visit http://www.lawmo.org/careers/current-openings to submit your application, resume, and cover letter.
LAWMO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Those applicants requiring accommodation to the interview/application process should contact the Human Resources Department at EEO@lawmo.org.