What you will do:
As an Associate Merchant, you’ll be immersed in a challenging, fast-paced environment to purchase, sell, and transport ingredients worldwide. By leveraging our complex agricultural supply chain across industries, you will:
- Develop skills to originate, buy and sell grain or other feed and food ingredients.
- Partner to develop, build and maintain varied business relationships and customer/supplier interactions as well as with transportation partners.
- Learn logistics and supply chain management, assisting or leading the execution of logistics planning.
- Develop an operational understanding of risk management
- Assist management in the preparation of financial forecasts and market trend analysis to interpret complex market dynamics.
- Build technical skills and understanding of contract management and accounts receivable for business team transactions.
Who you are:
- Currently pursuing a bachelor's degree
- Interested in a career where you can grow a business and collaborate across departments
- A natural relationship builder with the ability to network leverage existing relationships
- Self-driven with an entrepreneurial mindset
- A strong communicator with a customer service mindset
- Comfortable working in high volume environment
- Quick to identify a problem and find the best solution
- Curious and creative, flexible and innovative in your approach
- A natural leader with experience leading in clubs, athletics, projects, or student government
- Active in the community giving back on campus, your hometown, or on a global scale