ASSISTANT BUYER I
Our values start with our people, join a team that values you!
We are the nation’s largest off-price retailer with over 2,000 stores, and a strong track record of success and growth. Our focus has always been bringing our customers a constant stream of high-quality brands and on-trend merchandise at extraordinary savings, all while providing a fun and exciting treasure hunt experience.
As part of our team, you will experience:
- Success. Our winning team pursues excellence while learning and evolving
- Career growth. We develop industry leading talent because Ross grows when our people grow
- Teamwork. We work together to solve the hard problems and find the right solution
- Our commitment to Diversity, Equality & Inclusion, and our community. We celebrate the backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us because our differences make us stronger. We strive to be a positive force in our community.
Our Corporate headquarters are in Dublin, CA, we have 3 buying offices in key markets in New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston, and 7 distribution centers nationwide. With 2022 revenues of $18.7 billion, we are a Fortune 500 company who is committed to providing an inclusive work environment with continuous learning opportunities and development for our teams.
Come see what’s in store: https://jobs.rossstores.com/creative/about
About this opportunity...
The Assistant Buyer is a true learning role that allows you to build a foundation of merchant skills. As an Assistant Buyer, you will assist the buying team in advancing the business while learning key processes and providing operational support to your Buyer. You will begin to build your product knowledge and understand what the Ross Stores customer wants!
The base salary for this role is $65,000. The salary listed is just one component of the total compensation package for employees. Other rewards vary by position and location.
- Perform the administrative functions supporting the buying team, including purchase order management, while building foundational merchant skills
- Provide basic analysis of key business data and reporting, as directed by Buyer, including the monitoring of regional merchandise reports, Open-To-Buy, stock analysis and other ad hoc reports
- Develop effective relationships with vendors and appropriately interact with them to follow up on open business issues, as directed by Buyer
- Begin to effectively utilize the merchandising systems and understand warehouse process
- Develop and demonstrate basic product knowledge through sharing information with Buyer as a result of competitive shopping, shopping Ross Stores, and the market
- Ensure timely delivery of merchandise through communication with Buyer, merchant teams, and external vendors
- Support Buyers in preparation of key business meetings (i.e. vendor appointments, style-outs, assortment planning)
Who you are...
- You have a passion for product!
- You have a desire to learn, grow and engage
- You have an understanding and prior use of retail math
- You have a team player attitude
- You have a drive for results
- You are proficient in Excel
- You have a Bachelor's degree
- You are organized and pay attention to detail
- You are a strong communicator
Perks and Benefits of joining our team...
Our Associates are at the heart of everything we do and we're proud to offer a range of benefits that reflect how much we value their contributions. Here's a peek into what you can expect as an eligible Ross Associate:
- A broad range of affordable health insurance options*, 401(k) with employer match*, life insurance*
- Ample PTO, paid holidays, and Summer Fridays, as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation*
- Employee stock purchase plan*
- Charitable donations matched by Ross Stores Foundation
- Enhanced maternity and bonding leaves with 100% income replacement*
- Parent support programs
- And more....
** -- eligibility may vary based on level and tenure, subject to change
This role requires regular in-office presence, including to engage in in-person team interaction, meetings and collaboration, client support, mentoring, coaching, and/or feedback. However, this role can perform duties effectively using a combination of in-office and remote work
At Ross & dd’s we care about our Associates and the communities we serve. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture that respects, values and celebrates the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us.