Passionate about renewable energy project development, working with an entrepreneurial team, and advancing your career?
Tyr Energy Development Renewables is an experienced team focused on developing and commercializing large-scale renewable energy projects including solar and energy storage. Our work has a direct impact on reducing carbon emissions while yielding positive results to the bottom line. We can’t do it alone, so we are seeking to hire a Development Analyst to help support our rapid growth. This position will be office-based at our headquarters in Overland Park, KS.
The Development Analyst will support the project development team for our solar and battery storage projects across the US. The Development Analyst will work on discrete tasks at the direction of Project Developers to support land acquisition, permitting, environmental review, onsite resource evaluation, and other aspects of solar and storage project development to fulfill the company's renewable energy aspirations and growth strategy within North America. We believe in mentoring and coaching our people so come advance your career with a fun, dynamic, and supportive team with deep industry expertise.
What you will learn:
- How to develop a large-scale renewable energy project from scratch.
- How value is created in project development and how to solve problems ranging from permitting challenges to landowner negotiations to wetlands avoidance strategies.
- How energy markets are organized across the US and how renewable energy fits into those markets, how to be competitive, and identify barriers to entry.
- How to use GIS tools, financial models, and data resources to identify risks and opportunities.
- How policy at the federal, state and local levels can both help and hurt the advancement of clean energy technologies.
- How to work with a team of fun, smart subject matter experts and contribute to the expansion of clean energy technology.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Support development activities of grid-scale solar and storage projects from feasibility to the start of construction
- Engage with staff to advance energy assessment, environmental, permitting, transmission interconnection, land acquisition, and design activities
- Research new industry developments, tax incentives, technologies, etc.
- Assist in permit application preparation and attend hearings, as needed
- Submit project data to various agencies for due diligence review
- Review and summarize third party consultant reports
- Engage with landowners and stakeholders to keep them informed throughout the development process, including attending community engagement events
- Support energy offtake, financing, and project M&A discussions
- Support Marketing and Origination in the RFP response process for offtake agreements, including coordinating internal resources, and pricing
- Review project pro forma financial models to understand how returns are impacted
- Remain abreast of renewable energy opportunities in the United States and the national industry trends impacting the future of renewable development opportunities and their competitiveness as they relate to customers
- Carry out other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree or a demonstrated interest in pursuing a career in renewable energy. Coursework focused on environmental studies, sustainability, real estate development, urban and regional planning is a plus but not required,
- Superb verbal and written communication skills and high level of attention to detail with the ability to present to a wide range of audiences, including landowners, potential offtakers, government officials, and corporate leaders
- Skilled in project management with the ability to multi-task and prioritize critical path tasks to ensure projects stay on time and on budget
- Highly motivated self-starter, friendly personality, and good team player
- Eagerness to learn the renewable energy markets and key drivers (e.g., policies, technologies, dynamics in local markets), especially for solar and storage
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial office environment
- Salary starting at $60,000 or higher depending on candidate qualifications.
- Eligible to participate in TED’s benefits programs, including 401k, life, health, disability, dental and vision insurance.
- Annual bonus potential
About Tyr Energy Development Renewables
Tyr Energy Development Renewables (‘TED Renewables’) is a wholly owned affiliate of Tyr Energy. Tyr Energy represents the North American cornerstone of the ITOCHU Corporation global electric power strategy, focused on clean and renewable generation and technology solutions.
TED Renewables is active in the development and commercialization of renewable electric power facilities. Through ITOCHU affiliates we provide comprehensive management and oversight services to power generation and electric utility companies.
Please apply in Handshake by submitting your resume and cover letter.
Salary will be commensurate with entry-level positions in the energy field. Our selection ultimately depends on finding the right person to join the team. All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check, a pre-employment drug screening, references, and verification of legal right to work in the U.S.
TED Renewables is an Equal Opportunity Employer. TED Renewables maintains a company-wide commitment to compliance with the law. Our officers and other employees are committed to high ethical standards, regardless of culture, education, or background. We also advise our suppliers, customers, and other interested stakeholders on the values and expectations our Company holds in our business relationships.