Technical Writing Intern
EquipmentShare is searching for a student intern to join the Learning & Development Team at our Home Office in Columbia, Mo for the 2024 summer.
- Work closely with the Corporate Training Team in the development of instructional content to create high-quality training resources for roles throughout the organization.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to create, edit, and manage versioning of effective and accurate instructional content.
- Create, write, edit, research, organize, and format training documentation for EquipmentShare University.
- Work with instructional designers to create visuals, diagrams, charts, and other illustrations to enhance training materials.
- Meet, shadow, and assist writers across EquipmentShare departments.
- Establish and maintain professional working relationships with internal departments across the organization.
Our mission to change an industry is not easily achieved. That’s why we look for students who are up for the challenge to join our internship program. In turn, our interns have countless opportunities to make a tangible difference in an industry that’s long been resistant to change.
You will be expected to work Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm.
What You're Working With:
- Current undergraduate or graduate student pursuing a career in English, Technical Writing, Communications, or related field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience writing and editing documentation.
- Strong organizational skills, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Familiarity with using Microsoft Office products (Word) & G-Suite (Google Docs).
- Must possess a professional yet enthusiastic and friendly demeanor.
- Demonstrates a set of core values that includes integrity, drive, humility, and intelligence.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change in a positive manner.
Why We’re a Better Place to Work
EquipmentShare interns have the opportunity to enjoy many perks while working at our Home Office, including:
- Flexible work arrangement.
- Competitive salary.
- Company paid holidays.
- Monthly family dinner nights.
- Fitness Membership stipends plus seasonal and year round wellness challenges.
- Company sponsored events (annual family gatherings, food truck nights and more).
- Volunteering and local charity initiatives that help you nurture and grow the communities you call home. Employees receive 16 hours of paid volunteer time per year.
- Opportunities for career and professional development.
EquipmentShare is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. EquipmentShare is an equal opportunity
employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation,
protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.