Information Technology Internship
Who Are We?
Alexander Forrest Investments, (AFI) is a mid-sized, multifamily real-estate management company located in Columbia, MO. Here at AFI, we are experts in the acquisition, development, financing and management of real estate projects with over 80 multi-family properties in 15 states. Growth opportunities within the company are in abundance as we plan to DOUBLE in size over the next year.
Our VISION is to prosper all stakeholders.
Our MISSION is to exceed client expectations by providing unrivaled deal sourcing, underwriting, and asset management services for multifamily properties throughout the United States.
Our CORE VALUES are Excellence, Accountability, Collaboration, Efficiency, Innovation, Integrity, and Perseverance.
Alexander Forrest Investments is looking to hire a tech-savvy and innovative individual to work alongside our Technology & Security Officer! The Office of the TSO is responsible for innovating existing workflows using technology such that tasks are scalable as AFI continues to expand our managed-asset portfolio. Current students are highly encouraged to apply as flexible scheduling is available. Upon acceptance of this position, chosen applicants of Sophomore standing will receive a cash prize of $2,000 and will be expected to assume his/her new role ASAP. This individual will be required to remain in good academic standing during the remainder of their college career, not seek employment outside of AFI, and work between 15-30 hours per week. Upon graduation, chosen applicant will receive an additional cash price $20,000. Similar signing and graduation bonus opportunities are available for students of Junior standing in the amount of $1,000 and $10,000 respectively.
Hourly compensation will be in the range of $12-$15/hour based on experience and strength of attached references.
The responsibilities that are listed below are not all inclusive; however, they are indicative of the type of responsibilities normally performed by a member of the CAPEXTeam:
- Collaboration with TSO regarding technology-focused process improvements
- Tracking of current “queued” projects and next steps
- Cost/Feasibility analysis of proposed solutions
- Remain up-to-date with new products and innovations that AFI may be able to implement inside of existing infrastructure
- Compliance monitoring of all staff tech security, learning curriculum, etc.
- Minimum 3.50 cumulative GPA
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to maintain a collaborative team attitude
- List of 2-3 professional references
Alexander Forrest Investments, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.