Internship - Civil Engineer (Hybrid)
Barr is seeking an engineering student to work on project teams involved with civil engineering and related technical field assignments. Project assignments may include civil design and analysis; AutoCAD/Civil 3D drafting and design; field sampling and data collection; preparation of construction plans and specifications; spreadsheet preparation; short report preparation; laboratory testing; and construction inspection and observation. The work may involve out-of-town assignments. All applicants must attach transcripts with their application. This internship is for the summer 2024.
- 3.2/4.0 GPA
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- At least two semesters of physics and three semesters of mathematics
- Ongoing enrollment in a civil engineering degree or related degree program
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows OS and Microsoft Office software
- Conscientiousness concerning the accuracy, appropriateness, and timeliness of results
- Thorough, organized, and detail-oriented approach
- Willingness to travel and periodically adjust personal schedule to meet project needs
- Legal authorization to work in US without the need for sponsorship by Barr, now or in the future
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- 3.5/4.0 GPA
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and Civil 3D or other CADD-based civil design software
- Completion of at least one semester of upper division engineering coursework
- Previous engineering, field, or geotechnical experience
A hybrid work arrangement may be considered for this position. A hybrid work arrangement refers to splitting time worked between a Barr office and a home office. This position is based out of Barr's Jefferson City, Missouri, office.
NOTE: Some work locations may feature rough terrain typical of construction sites, working on tall structures, or with industrial equipment. Safety training will be provided prior to being given work assignments on such sites. Applicants may be asked to participate in a drug screening program at the request of specific clients.