Hybrid Wheat Cost of Goods Intern
At Syngenta, we are working to build the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture that provides leading seeds and crop protection innovations to enhance the prosperity of farmers. Hybrid Wheat Breeding Intern at Syngenta, you will be a valued member of a high performing R&D Team and participate in an integrated learning opportunity preparing you for the next steps in your career. This internship is May 2024 through August 2024.
Location: Junction City, Kansas
What will you do?
- Gain practical experience while building leadership capabilities and a professional network working with breeding and applied genetic sciences teams to develop a cost of goods POC that can inform future protocol development.
- Enhance your project management skills during field season that will include travel to key growing regions of wheat in KS, TX, ND, ID and WA.
- Coordinate and give feedback to the North America breeding team to allow for accurate data collection on seed production trials for cost of goods traits in spring and winter wheat.
- Conduct descriptive and statistical analyses of field data to support scientists in driving reduction in COGs.
- Deelop expertise to recommend strategic update to our seed production targets that will support R&D, P&S and commercial teams aligned with our business goals of delivering for the customer.
- Currently pursuing a masters or PhD in plant breeding, agronomy, seeds production research or related field
- Must be a current student continuing education upon completion of internship term
- A valid driver’s license and acceptable moving violations record
What gives you an advantage?
- Intermediate to advanced statistical analysis skills with regard to phenotypic data
- Knowledge of agronomics and plant breeding
- Fluency in at least one computing language or software
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive wages ($18 - $30 per hour salary range)
- Professional and personal development
- An understanding of career opportunities available at Syngenta that relate to your passion
- Skills, experience, and a professional network to further your career
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster - Link (http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmla.htm)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC) poster - Link (http://webapps.dol.gov/elaws/firststep/poster_direct.htm)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster - Link (http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppa.htm).