Expand your accounting knowledge and skills alongside our experienced leadership team, while managing and fostering client relationships.
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Classification: Full-time, exempt
Workplace Type: Hybrid (Office in St. Louis)
Department: Client Services
Reporting To: CFO
As the Senior Accountant for our rapidly growing company, you will maintain open and responsible communication with clients. You will assist with management responsibilities of Accounting Associates, ensuring accurate delivery of full-suite accounting and bookkeeping services. We are looking for an intrinsically motivated problem-solver who values teamwork and impact. You will use your passion for accounting and the nonprofit sector to make a lasting impact on our business and the way we deliver financial solutions.
Who is The Charity CFO, LLC?
We provide premier accounting solutions for nonprofits, along with creating financial thought partnerships with our nonprofit clients, so organizations can make more informed decisions that increase their mission impact on their communities. Our vision is to be the largest nonprofit accounting service firm in the United States.
Our Culture & Values
At The Charity CFO, we put our people before revenue or clients which has allowed us to create a unique workplace that values you first as a human being and then as an employee. We’ll provide you with all the support and training you need to crush your goals inside the workplace along with the flexibility, benefits, and downtime to build a life you love outside the office.
Inside our doors, you’ll find a respectful, collaborative environment with team members with all levels of professional experience from beautifully diverse backgrounds. Everyone is welcome here and you’ll be judged solely on your performance, regardless of any limitations society may have previously placed on you.
From career advancement to free parking to 14 paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO, and paid new parental leave, our comprehensive benefits package makes it easier to be there for your family, plan for the future and truly enjoy your downtime. Learn more about all of these benefits and more here.
What you would be helping us with:
- Lead board and finance committee presentations for assigned clients.
- Develop and mentor your team.
- Provide budget and forecasting services for assigned clients.
- Review audits, 990’s, and monthly reports for accuracy.
- Enter transactions for assigned clients using various software platforms.
- Respond to requests from assigned clients on general accounting needs.
- Prepare reconciliations and general ledger accounts.
- Preparing monthly financial reports for assigned clients.
- Managing long and short term deadlines.
- Establishing, documenting, and evaluating internal processes for the best client experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- 1 year of experience in full cycle accounting or auditing
- Energized by working with non-profit organizations
- Have experience with Quickbooks Online or another accounting system
- Ability to work independently
- Experienced mentoring or training new team members, preferred
- Experienced with nonprofit accounting, preferred
What Success Looks Like in the First 60 Days:
Like we mentioned above, we’ll provide you with all the support and training you need to crush your goals inside the workplace. For this role, this means that within 60 days, we will prepare you to:
- Deliver accurate and timely financial statements to clients.
- Ensure accounting files are maintained and accurate for clients and internal use.
- Ensure we maintain open and responsible communication with clients.
- Assist in managing deliverables to ensure deadlines are met.
- Be an ambassador for The Charity CFO, externally and internally.
How to Apply
We want to acknowledge that imposter syndrome is real, so bullet points aside, if our mission, culture & values resonate with you, we want to hear from you! If you are someone who is committed to connecting the dots, supporting clients and colleagues, and want to work in a position that allows you to develop your accounting experience on work that really matters, please apply on our Careers page.
If you require special accommodations during the recruitment process, please email our recruiting team whose contact information can be found at the bottom of our Careers page.
The Charity CFO, LLC is an equal-opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, dietary preferences, gender, sexual orientation, age, fashion sense, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political leanings, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Employment at The Charity CFO is at-will. This job description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that may be required, and The Charity CFO reserves the right to require additional functions as well as to revise this job description at any time.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Saint Louis, MO 63103: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- What is your target salary?
- Do you have experience with full cycle accounting?
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Accounting software: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Saint Louis, MO 63103