Title - Fund Staff Accountant Intern
Company - Affordable Equity Partners, Inc, a division of JES Holdings, LLC
Location - Columbia MO
Schedule - hybrid 3 days in the office
** Ability to work a minimum of 15 hours weekly during fall and spring semesters and 20-40 hours weekly in summer
Affordable Equity Partners, Inc. (AEP) provides a full range of investment banking services for those seeking to finance, build, purchase or rehabilitate multi-family housing. Since 1997, AEP has invested in nearly 27,000 homes in 500 communities. We serve the growing need for affordable housing across 16 states in 250 cities. We have successfully syndicated over $4 billion in tax credits to build or preserve homes for working class families and seniors.
POSITION SUMMARY / PURPOSE
The Accounting Intern with Affordable Equity Partners will assist in a wide variety of accounting duties consisting of the review of partnership tax returns for appropriate filing information and reviewing audited financial statements of the partnerships. This intern will also assist in the preparation of internal financial statements corresponding with auditors’ needs and bank statement reconciliations.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements for a portfolio of AEP funds according to established policy and procedure.
- Assist in the preparation and review of financial summary reports and other reports as needed to accompany monthly financial statements.
- Assist in the assimilation of information for outside tax preparers and auditors
- Review tax returns and audit reports
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Computer efficiency with email, electronic word processing and spreadsheet applications, such as Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) Moderate knowledge in Excel and Microsoft Word
- Verbal/written/listening skills - Intermediate.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure and problem solve.
- Organizational, project management and time management skills – Intermediate
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Pursuing a BS in Accounting with a GPA minimum of 3.3
- Junior or Senior undergraduate or graduate student.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 15 hours weekly during fall and spring semesters and 20-40 hours weekly in summer